Bridgewater is a small town in Maine with a population of less than 1,000 people. Despite its small size, there are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Bridgewater. One popular activity is to go for a hike in the woods. There are many trails to choose from, and they are all kid-friendly. Another popular activity is to go fishing. There are many ponds and lakes in the area, and kids will love trying to catch a fish. There are also many parks in Bridgewater, perfect for playing games, picnicking, and just running around.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bridgewater, Maine
1. Visit the Pine Tree State Arboretum. The Arboretum is a 100-acre nature preserve that features hiking trails, a playground, a picnic area, and a pond.
2. Take a cruise on the Portland-Bridgewater ferry. The ferry ride takes about an hour and offers views of Portland Harbor and Casco Bay.
3. Visit the filmset of Stephen King’s “The Dark Half.” The Dark Half was filmed in and around Bridgewater, and many of the locations are still standing.
4. Play a round of golf at the Sable Oaks Golf Club. The club features an 18-hole golf course, a clubhouse, and a pro shop.
5. Go fishing at the St. Croix River. The river is home to a variety of fish, including trout, bass, and pike.
6. Visit the Longaberger Basket Company. The company offers tours of its factory, as well as a retail store where you can purchase its famous baskets.
7. Take a scenic drive down the Maine coast. The coast of Maine is home to some of the most beautiful scenery in the country.
8. Visit the Portland Observatory. The Observatory is a historic landmark that offers views of the city of Portland and the surrounding area.
9. Explore the historic downtown area of Portland. The downtown area is home to a variety of shops, restaurants, and historic sites.
10. Visit the Maine State Museum. The Museum is home to a variety of exhibits about the history and culture of Maine.