Brenham is located in Washington County in Texas. Based on 2010 U.S. Census, the population of Brenham is 15,716. The city is the county seat of Washington County. Brenham is also known as the “Blue Bell Creameries City” because the Blue Bell Creameries are headquartered in Brenham. The company’s factory tour is a Brenham attraction. Brenham is about 70 miles northwest of Houston. The climate in Brenham is humid subtropical. The area around Brenham is considered part of the Texas Hill Country.
There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Brenham. A few examples include going to the Brenham Heritage Museum, attending a play at the Simon Theater, visiting the Brenham Children’s Museum, or going on a hike at the Washington on the Brazos State Historic Park. Fun places to eat in Brenham with kids are the Blue Bell Creamery, Juicy’s snowballs, and Brenham Grill. Brenham also has several parks perfect for a picnic lunch or an afternoon of playing including Martin Luther King Park, West End Park, and Fireman’s Park.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Brenham, Texas
1. Take a tour of the Blue Bell Creameries: The Blue Bell Creameries offer tours of their facilities where visitors can see how their ice cream is made.
2. Visit the Brenham Heritage Museum: The Brenham Heritage Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the city and see exhibits on the area’s culture and heritage.
3. Go for a hike at the John Nelson State Park: The John Nelson State Park offers hiking trails that wind through the beautiful Texas Hill Country.
4. Visit the Brenham Antique Mall: The Brenham Antique Mall is a great place to find unique treasures and antiquities.
5. Take a scenic drive down the Brenham Country Roads: The Brenham Country Roads offer scenic views of the countryside and are a great place to take a leisurely drive.
6. Play a round of golf at the Brenham Country Club: The Brenham Country Club is a great place to play a round of golf on one of their 18-hole courses.
7. Go fishing at the Brenham Lake: The Brenham Lake is a great place to go fishing and enjoy the beautiful views of the surrounding area.
8. Visit the Brenham Railway Museum: The Brenham Railway Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the railroad in the area and see exhibits on the trains that once ran through Brenham.
9. Have a picnic at the Simon/West Park: The Simon/West Park is a great place to have a picnic and enjoy the beautiful views of the city.
10. Take a stroll down Main Street: Main Street is a great place to take a leisurely stroll and window shop in the many unique stores that line the street.