Brazoria, Texas is a great place for families with young children. There are many kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. The gulf coast town is home to many parks and playgrounds, as well as a Splash Pad and a waterpark. Families can also enjoy the Brazoria Zoo, the Kemah Boardwalk, and the many museums and libraries in the area. Brazoria is a great place to raise a family or visit with young children.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Brazoria, Texas
1. Visit the historic Brazoria County Courthouse. The courthouse, which was built in 1894, is the oldest continuously operating courthouse in Texas.
2. Tour the Brazoria County Museum. The museum offers a look at the history of Brazoria County and its people.
3. Take a walk or bike ride through Brazoria National Wildlife Refuge. The refuge is home to more than 400 species of birds, mammals, reptiles and amphibians.
4. Go fishing at Lake Jackson. The lake is stocked with catfish, bass, and crappie.
5. Visit the Brazoria County Zoo. The zoo is home to more than 500 animals, including lions, tigers, and bears.
6. Play at one of Brazoria’s many parks. Parks in the area include Stephen F. Austin State Park, Gulf Coast National Park, and Brazos Bend State Park.
7. Take a dip in the Gulf of Mexico. Brazoria County has several beaches, including Surfside Beach and Crystal Beach.
8. Visit the Brazoria Historic Cemetery. The cemetery is the final resting place for many of Brazoria’s first settlers.
9. Shop at the Brazoria Farmer’s Market. The market features locally grown produce and handmade goods.
10. Attend a Brazoria County Fair. The county fair is held annually and features rides, games, and live entertainment.