Brazil, Indiana, is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. The local library offers story times and other events, while the YMCA has indoor and outdoor pools, a gym, and organized sports leagues. The town is also home to several parks, perfect for picnics, playground time, and hikes. Other attractions include the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, the Indianapolis Zoo, and the Indianapolis Children’s Museum. With so much to do, Brazil, Indiana, is the perfect place to raise a family.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Brazil, Indiana
1. Visit the Brazilian Courthouse. The Brazilian Courthouse is a beautiful piece of architecture that is definitely worth a visit. It was built in 1894 and is currently the seat of the Clay County government.
2. Tour the Clay County Museum. The Clay County Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of Brazil, Indiana. It is filled with interactive exhibits, photographs, and historical artifacts.
3. Visit the Wabash and Erie Canal Park. The Wabash and Erie Canal Park is a beautiful park that is perfect for a family outing. It features a walking trail, a playground, and a canal boat that you can ride.
4. Visit the Perfect North Slopes. Perfect North Slopes is a great place to take the family for a day of fun. It is an indoor ski and snowboard resort that features a variety of slopes for all skill levels.
5. Visit the Covered Bridge Festival. The Covered Bridge Festival is a great annual event that celebrates the history of the covered bridges in Indiana. It features a parade, live music, and a variety of food and craft vendors.
6. Visit the Brazil Popcorn Festival. The Brazil Popcorn Festival is a great annual event that celebrates the town’s rich popcorn heritage. It features a variety of activities, including a popcorn eating contest, a parade, and live entertainment.
7. Visit the Indiana Railway Museum. The Indiana Railway Museum is a great place to learn about the state’s rich railway history. It features a variety of interactive exhibits, a train ride, and a working locomotive.
8. Visit the DePauw Nature Park. The DePauw Nature Park is a great place to take the family for a day of hiking and picnicking. It features a variety of trails, a playground, and a lake.
9. Visit the Monroe Lake State Recreation Area. The Monroe Lake State Recreation Area is a great place to take the family for a day of swimming, fishing, and hiking. It features a beach, a playground, and a variety of trails.
10. Visit the Brown County State Park. The Brown County State Park is a great place to take the family for a day of hiking and camping. It features a variety of trails, a playground, and a variety of camping sites.