Bradford, Vermont is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do to keep them busy, including visiting the local museum, going on a nature hike, and exploring the historic downtown.
The Bradford Historical Society Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the town and the surrounding area. The museum has a variety of exhibits, including a replica of the original Bradford Village Store and a collection of historic photographs.
The Bradford Nature Trail is a great place to explore the outdoors. The trail winds through the woods and past a variety of streams and ponds. Along the way, there are plenty of places to stop and rest or explore.
The downtown area of Bradford is full of historic buildings and sites. The Main Street area is lined with old Victorian-style buildings, many of which are now home to businesses and shops. There are also a number of historic sites downtown, including the Bradford Public Library and the Bradford Town Hall.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bradford, Vermont
1. Attend the farmer’s market: The farmer’s market is a great place to take the kids on a Saturday morning. There is a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables to choose from, as well as homemade jams, jellies, and baked goods.
2. Visit the Samantha Smith statue: The Samantha Smith statue is located in the center of town and is a tribute to the young girl who became a symbol of peace during the Cold War.
3. Go for a hike: There are many hiking trails located in and around Bradford. The trails range in difficulty, so there is sure to be one that is perfect for your family.
4. Visit the Vermont Country Store: The Vermont Country Store is a unique shopping experience that is perfect for the whole family. There is a wide variety of items to choose from, including clothes, toys, books, and more.
5. Visit the Silvio O. Conte National Fish and Wildlife Refuge: The Silvio O. Conte National Fish and Wildlife Refuge is a great place to take the kids for a nature hike or a picnic lunch.
6. Go fishing: Bradford is home to many great fishing spots. The kids will love trying to catch a fish in one of the many ponds or lakes.
7. Attend a festival: There are many festivals held in Bradford throughout the year. The kids will enjoy the food, the music, and the activities at these festivals.
8. Go swimming: There are several public swimming pools in Bradford that the kids will enjoy. There is also a water park located nearby.
9. Visit the museum: TheBradford Historical Society Museum is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of the area.
10. Go for a scenic drive: There are many scenic drives located in and around Bradford. The kids will love taking in the beautiful views of Vermont.