There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Brackenheim! For starters, the MediaHaus am Hafen is a great place to take the kids. They can learn all about the history of the area and the port, and even take a tour of the harbor. If your kids are into sports, they’ll love the several soccer fields and the chance to play a game or two. The town also has a great playground with plenty of fun things to do, and a lovely park that’s perfect for a picnic. And of course, no trip to Brackenheim would be complete without a visit to the Chocolate Museum!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Brackenheim, Germany
1. Visit the Mausoleum of Baden-Baden: The mausoleum is a historic site in Brackenheim that was built in 1866. It is the final resting place of many famous people including Baden-Baden’s first mayor.
2. Check out the Casino Baden-Baden: The casino is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Brackenheim. It offers a variety of gaming options as well as a restaurant and bar.
3. Go for a walk in the Lichtentaler Allee: The Lichtentaler Allee is a beautiful park that is perfect for a leisurely stroll. It is also home to the Lichtentaler Abbey, a must-see for history buffs.
4. Take a ride on the Merkurbergbahn: The Merkurbergbahn is a funicular railway that takes passengers to the top of the Merkurberg mountain. From the top, there are stunning views of the city and the surrounding countryside.
5. Visit the Rodelbahn im Schwarzwald: The Rodelbahn im Schwarzwald is a popular sledding hill that is perfect for a winter day activity.
6. Go ice skating at the Eisbahn im Schwarzwald: The Eisbahn im Schwarzwald is an outdoor ice rink that is open in the winter months. It is a great place to go ice skating with family and friends.
7. Check out the Brackenheimer Weihnachtsmarkt: The Brackenheimer Weihnachtsmarkt is a Christmas market that is held annually in the city. It is a great place to find unique gifts and holiday decorations.
8. Visit the Kurhaus Baden-Baden: The Kurhaus is a beautiful building that is home to the casino, a spa, and a variety of shops. It is a great place to spend an afternoon exploring.
9. Take a stroll through the Old Town: The Old Town is a lovely area to explore on foot. There are many historic buildings and cute shops to discover.
10. Go on a hike in the Black Forest: The Black Forest is a beautiful forest that is perfect for a day hike. There are many trails to choose from and the scenery is breathtaking.