Bourg-la-Reine is a charming town in the southern suburbs of Paris. Although it is not as well known as some of the other towns in the area, it is a great place for families to visit. There are several parks and playgrounds, as well as a few museums and historic sites.
The Parc de Sceaux is a large park that is perfect for a picnic or a game of fetch with your dog. The Jardin des Plantes is a botanical garden with a beautiful butterfly house. If you’re looking for something a bit more active, the Parc des Sports et de l’Athletisme has a track, tennis courts, and a playground.
The Musee de Bourg-la-Reine is a small museum with a focus on the history of the town. The Museum of Natural History and Archeology is also worth a visit, especially if your kids are interested in dinosaurs!
If you’re looking for a kid-friendly restaurant, L’Auberge Gargantua is a great option. They have a special menu for kids, as well as a play area to keep them entertained while you wait for your food.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bourg-La-Reine, France
1. Visit the Château de Fontenay-le-Vicomte: This castle is a great kid-friendly activity in Bourg-la-Reine. It was built in the 16th century and is a beautiful example of Renaissance architecture. The castle grounds are also great to explore, and there is a small river that runs through them.
2. Tour the Bourg-la-Reine Museum: This museum is perfect for kids as it is full of interactive exhibits. There is also a section dedicated to the history of the town, which is sure to be of interest to any budding historians.
3. Go to the Arc de Triomphe: The Arc de Triomphe is one of the most iconic landmarks in Paris, and it is only a short drive from Bourg-la-Reine. Kids will love taking in the grandeur of this impressive structure, and there are also plenty of photo opportunities.
4. Take a hike in the Bois de Vincennes: The Bois de Vincennes is a large park located on the outskirts of Paris. It is a great place to take a hike, and kids will love exploring the forest. There is also a large lake in the park, which is perfect for a summer picnic.
5. Visit the Cathedral of Notre Dame: The Cathedral of Notre Dame is one of the most famous churches in the world, and it is located in the heart of Paris. Kids will be awestruck by the size and beauty of this Gothic cathedral, and they can even climb to the top of one of its towers for a breathtaking view of the city.
6. Go to the Louvre Museum: The Louvre Museum is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Paris, and it is home to some of the most famous art in the world. Kids will love seeing the Mona Lisa and other famous paintings, and they can also learn about the history of the Louvre itself.
7. See the Eiffel Tower: The Eiffel Tower is the most recognizable landmark in Paris, and it is a must-see for any kid visiting the city. They can ride to the top of the tower and enjoy the incredible views, or they can explore the base and learn about the engineering that went into its construction.
8. Go to the top of the Montparnasse Tower: The Montparnasse Tower is the tallest skyscraper in Paris, and it offers stunning views of the city. kids will love riding the elevator to the top, and they can also learn about the history of the tower and the area around it.
9. Visit the Palace of Versailles: The Palace of Versailles was the former home of the Kings of France, and it is one of the most opulent palaces in the world. Kids will be amazed by the lavish decorations and the grandeur of the Palace, and they can even explore the extensive gardens.
10. Take a boat ride on the Seine: A boat ride on the Seine is a great way to see Paris from a different perspective. Kids will love cruising past some of the most famous landmarks in the city, and they can also learn about the history of the river.