Borgomanero is a charming town in the province of Novara, in the Piedmont region of Italy. It is situated on the right bank of the River Sesia, at the foot of the Monte Rosa massif. The town has a long history, dating back to Roman times. In the Middle Ages, it was a fortified town and an important trading centre. Today, Borgomanero is a lovely town to visit, with plenty of kid-friendly things to do.
The first stop on any visit to Borgomanero should be the town centre, where you can see the beautiful medieval churches of San Cristoforo and San Pietro. There are also plenty of shops and cafes to explore. If you’re looking for something more active, the nearby Lake Orta is a great place for swimming, hiking and cycling.
Just outside Borgomanero is the Parco Naturale della Valle dei Casali, a nature park with hiking and mountain biking trails. There are also plenty of opportunities for birdwatching here. For something really different, you can visit the nearby town of Cavaglietto, where you can see the world’s largest sundial!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Borgomanero, Italy
1. Eat a gelato: Borgomanero is home to some of the best gelato in all of Italy! Make sure to try a few different flavors while you’re here.
2. Visit the Duomo: The Duomo is a beautiful Gothic cathedral in the center of Borgomanero. Be sure to take some time to explore the inside and admire the architecture.
3. Go for a walk in the park: Borgomanero has several parks perfect for a leisurely stroll or a picnic lunch.
4. Take a boat ride on Lake Maggiore: Lake Maggiore is one of the most beautiful lakes in all of Italy. You can take a boat tour of the lake to see the stunning scenery.
5. Visit the Museo Civico: The Museo Civico is a small museum located in Borgomanero. It has a collection of artifacts and paintings that tell the history of the town.
6. Shop in the market: The market in Borgomanero is a great place to find souvenirs and gifts. You can also find fresh produce and other food items here.
7. Play in the fountain: Borgomanero has a large fountain in the center of town. The kids will love playing in the water on a hot day.
8. Climb to the top of the bell tower: The bell tower of the Duomo offers great views of Borgomanero and the surrounding area. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes for the climb!
9. Go for a bike ride: Borgomanero is a great place to explore by bike. There are several scenic routes that you can take.
10. Try your hand at bowling: There is a bowling alley in Borgomanero if you’re looking for some indoor fun.