Bordj Ghdir is a great place for kids to explore and have fun. There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Bordj Ghdir, Algeria. From visiting the local parks and playgrounds, to exploring the museums and historical sites, there is something for everyone.
The Bordj Ghdir Park is a great place to take the kids for a walk, run or picnic. The park also has a playground and a large pond where you can feed the ducks. If you’re looking for a place to cool off in the summer heat, the Bordj Ghdir Public Pool is the perfect spot.
The Bordj Ghdir Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of Algeria. The museum has a variety of exhibits, including a section on the Algerian War of Independence. The museum is also home to a cafe, where you can enjoy a refreshing cup of coffee or tea.
The Bordj Ghdir Mosque is a beautiful and peaceful place to visit. The mosque is open to the public and is a great place to learn about Islam.
Whether you’re looking for a place to take the kids to burn off some energy, or a place to learn about Algerian culture, Bordj Ghdir has something for everyone.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bordj Ghdir, Algeria
1. Spend a day exploring Bordj Ghdir’s Old Town. The old town is full of narrow streets and alleyways to explore, as well as plenty of shops and restaurants to pop into.
2. Visit the Bordj Ghdir Grand Mosque. This mosque is one of the largest in Algeria and is well worth a visit.
3. Take a walk or a camel ride along the beach. Bordj Ghdir has some beautiful beaches which are perfect for a relaxing stroll or a more adventurous camel ride.
4. Head to the nearby town of Tamanrasset and explore its souks (marketplaces). There is a wide variety of goods on offer, from spices and herbs to jewellery and hand-crafted goods.
5. Visit the nearby town of Djanet and explore its ancient ruins. Djanet was once a thriving city and there are some well-preserved ruins to explore, as well as a number of museums.
6. Visit the Tassili n’Ajjer National Park. This huge national park is full of stunning scenery, from rocky plateaus to sandy deserts. There are also a number of ancient rock art sites to explore.
7. Take a trip to the Algerian capital, Algiers. Although it is a busy city, there are plenty of things to see and do, including visiting the old town, the mosques and the museums.
8. Explore the Sahara Desert. Algeria is home to a huge chunk of the Sahara Desert and there are plenty of tour operators who offer trips into this vast and empty landscape.
9. Visit the town of Ghardaia and explore its traditional architecture. Ghardaia is known for its traditional Arabic architecture and there are a number of well-preserved buildings to explore.
10. Go on a safari in one of Algeria’s many national parks. There are a number of national parks dotted around Algeria and many of them offer safari tours, which are a great way to see the country’s wildlife up close.