Bonham is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do to keep them occupied. The Bonham Aquatic Center is a great place to cool off in the summer months, and the Bonham Public Library has a variety of programs and activities for kids of all ages. For those who like to be active, the Bonham Recreation Center has a wide variety of sports and games to choose from. If your kids are into the arts, the Bonham Performing Arts Center offers many performances and workshops throughout the year. And of course, there are always the great outdoors to explore in Bonham!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bonham, Texas
1. Visit the Sam Rayburn House Museum: The Sam Rayburn House Museum is a historic house museum that is dedicated to the life and legacy of former Speaker of the House Sam Rayburn. The museum is located in Bonham, Texas and is open to the public for tours.
2. Take a walk or bike ride through Heritage Park: Heritage Park is a beautiful park located in Bonham, Texas. The park features walking and biking trails, a playground, and a pond.
3. Visit the Fannin County Museum: The Fannin County Museum is a local history museum located in Bonham, Texas. The museum features exhibits on the history of the county and the city of Bonham.
4. Attend a performance at the Creative Arts Center: The Creative Arts Center is a performing arts venue located in Bonham, Texas. The center hosts a variety of performances throughout the year, including plays, musicals, and dance recitals.
5. Go fishing at Veteran’s Memorial Lake: Veteran’s Memorial Lake is a man-made lake located in Bonham, Texas. The lake is stocked with fish and is a popular spot for fishing and picnicking.
6. Play mini golf at Adventure Island: Adventure Island is a mini golf course located in Bonham, Texas. The course features 18 holes of mini golf, as well as a arcade and a snack bar.
7. Visit the Dallas Zoo: The Dallas Zoo is located just a short drive from Bonham, Texas. The zoo features a variety of animals, as well as a children’s zoo and a petting zoo.
8. Go bowling at Galaxy Lanes: Galaxy Lanes is a local bowling alley located in Bonham, Texas. The alley features 24 lanes, as well as a snack bar and arcade games.
9. See a movie at the Bonham Theatre: The Bonham Theatre is a local movie theatre located in Bonham, Texas. The theatre shows a variety of movies, both new releases and classics.
10. Go ice skating at the Bonham Civic Center: The Bonham Civic Center is located in downtown Bonham, Texas. The center features an ice skating rink, as well as a variety of other amenities.