There are numerous kid friendly things to do in Bochnia, Poland. Many of the activities center around the gorgeous Salt Mine, which has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage site. Kids will love exploring the vast labyrinth of tunnels and caverns, and marveling at the massive scale of the operation. A tour of the mine is a great way to learn about the history and science of salt mining.
Other kid friendly activities in Bochnia include visiting the Town Hall, which houses a museum with many interactive exhibits, or taking a leisurely stroll through the Bochnia Planty, a lovely park that winds through the center of town. For a more active adventure, kids can bike or inline skate through the nearby Borynia Nature Reserve, which features scenic trails and views of the Carpathian Mountains.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bochnia, Poland
1. Visit the Bochnia Salt Mine: The Bochnia Salt Mine is a great place to take kids for a day trip. The mine is full of interesting history and architecture, and kids will love exploring the underground tunnels. There is also a fun salt museum on site that is perfect for kids of all ages.
2. Take a scenic hike: Bochnia is surrounded by beautiful countryside, perfect for a family hike. Kids will love exploring the forests and fields, and there are plenty of scenic picnic spots along the way.
3. Visit the Bochnia Aqueduct: The Bochnia Aqueduct is a wonder of medieval engineering, and kids will love learning about how it was used to transport water to the city. There is also a great view of Bochnia from the top of the aqueduct.
4. Go horseback riding: Bochnia is the perfect place to go horseback riding, with plenty of scenic trails to explore. Kids will love getting to see the countryside from atop a horse, and it’s a great way to tire them out before bedtime!
5. Visit the Bochnia Castle: The Bochnia Castle is a must-see for kids (and adults!) of all ages. The castle is full of history, and kids will love exploring the rooms and towers. There is also a great view of the city from the top of the castle.
6. Take a boat ride on the Sola River: The Sola River is a beautiful spot for a family boat ride. Kids will love spotting the wildlife along the river, and the scenery is simply stunning.
7. Go fishing: Bochnia is a great place for a family fishing trip. There are plenty of spots to fish, and kids will love trying to catch their dinner.
8. Visit the Bochnia Cathedral: The Bochnia Cathedral is a beautiful example of Gothic architecture, and kids will love exploring the inside of the church. There is also a great view of the city from the top of the cathedral.
9.Explore Bochnia’s Old Town: Bochnia’s Old Town is a lovely spot to explore with kids. There are plenty of shops and restaurants to keep them entertained, and the architecture is simply stunning.
10. Visit the Bochnia Zoo: The Bochnia Zoo is a great place to take kids for a day out. They’ll love seeing all the different animals, and the zoo also has a great playground and picnic area.