If you’re looking for kid friendly things to do in Bluefield, West Virginia, you’re in luck. There are plenty of great options for families with children of all ages. One popular option is to visit the Bluefield Zoo. The zoo has a variety of animals that kids can learn about and see up close. Another popular activity is to visit one of the many museums in the area. The Children’s Museum of Appalachian is a great option and has a variety of interactive exhibits. If your kids are looking for some outdoor fun, they can enjoy hiking and picnicking at one of the many state parks in the area. Bluefield is also home to a variety of kid-friendly festivals and events throughout the year.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bluefield, West Virginia
1. Bluefield State College: Visit the Bluefield State College campus to explore its history and learn about the higher education opportunities available in the region.
2. Mercer County Courthouse: Tour the Mercer County Courthouse to see the architecture and learn about the legal system in West Virginia.
3. Bluefield Amtrak Station: Visit the Bluefield Amtrak Station to learn about the passenger rail service that used to operate in the region.
4. Historic Graham-Paige Building: Explore the Historic Graham-Paige Building to learn about the automobile manufacturing history of Bluefield.
5. Bluestone Dam: Take a walk or bike ride across the Bluestone Dam to learn about its role in generating hydroelectric power for the region.
6. Bluestone Lake: Go fishing, swimming, or boating at Bluestone Lake to enjoy the outdoors and take in the scenic views.
7. Pipestem Resort State Park: Hike or bike the trails at Pipestem Resort State Park to get some exercise and explore the natural beauty of the region.
8. John Brown Wax Museum: Learn about the life of abolitionist John Brown at the John Brown Wax Museum.
9. West Virginia Railway Museum: Tour the West Virginia Railway Museum to learn about the state’s railroad history.
10. Appalachian Trail: Hike a section of the Appalachian Trail to experience one of the most scenic hiking trails in the country.