Though it may be a small town, Blanco has a lot to offer families with young children. The Blanco State Park is a great place to explore the outdoors, and the Blanco Bowling Alley is perfect for a rainy day activity. The Blanco Performing Arts Center often has kid-friendly shows and events, and the Blanco Public Library has a terrific children’s section. For a special treat, take the family to the Blanco Lavender Festival or the Blanco County Fair. There are also several parks and playgrounds throughout the town where kids can run and play.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Blanco, Texas
1. Visit the Hill Country Science Mill. The Science Mill is a great place for kids to learn about science and technology. There are interactive exhibits, a planetarium, and a chance to meet scientists and engineers.
2. Go tubing on the Blanco River. The Blanco River is a great place to tube, kayak, or canoe. There are several companies that offer rentals and shuttle services.
3. Take a hike at the Pedernales Falls State Park. The Pedernales Falls State Park has hiking trails, swimming areas, and camping.
4. Have a picnic at the Johnson City Municipal Park. The Johnson City Municipal Park has a playground, picnic tables, and a pavilion.
5. Visit the Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park. The Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park is a great place to learn about the 36th president of the United States. There are several interactive exhibits, a film, and ranger-led tours.
6. Go fishing at the Blanco State Park. The Blanco State Park has a fishing pier, boat ramp, and canoe/kayak rentals.
7. Go swimming at the Blanco State Park. The Blanco State Park has a swimming area, that is open seasonally, with a lifeguard on duty.
8. Play Miniature Golf at the Blanco Bowling Center. The Blanco Bowling Center has a miniature golf course, that is open seasonally.
9. Visit the Gruene Historic District. The Gruene Historic District is a great place to shop, eat, and listen to live music.
10. Take a scenic drive on the River Road. The River Road is a beautiful drive that goes along the Blanco River.