Looking for fun things to do with the kids in Blaine, Tennessee? Here are some great ideas!
Visit the Blaine Disc Golf Course for a fun game of Frisbee golf. Or, take them to the Blaine Skate Park for some skateboarding fun.
For some educational fun, visit the Nature Center at Cherokee Caverns. They offer several kid-friendly programs such as nature walks, cave tours, and even a Junior Ranger program.
Blaine is home to several great parks perfect for a day of picnicking, hiking, and playing. Some of our favorites include Watauga Lake, Harrison Bay State Park, and Birchfield Park.
If you’re looking for indoor fun, stop by the Children’s Museum of the Smokies. They offer several interactive exhibits and programs perfect for kids of all ages.
No matter what you’re looking for, Blaine has something for everyone!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Blaine, Tennessee
1. Visit the Blaine Mounds State Archaeological Area to see a fascinating piece of Native American history. The site includes two mounds, a museum, and a variety of hiking trails.
2. Head to the Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge to see a variety of animals in their natural habitat. The refuge offers hiking, fishing, and canoeing opportunities.
3. Take a scenic drive down the Cherohala Skyway, a 43-mile stretch of road that winds through the Appalachian Mountains.
4. Visit the Ocoee Whitewater Center, site of the 1996 Olympic canoe and kayak competitions. The center offers a variety of water sports activities, as well as hiking and mountain biking trails.
5. Stop by the Ducktown Basin Museum to learn about the history of copper mining in the area. The museum features a variety of interactive exhibits.
6. Hike to the top of Cheeka Peak, the tallest point in the Cherokee National Forest. The 3-mile round trip hike is relatively easy and offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
7. Take a dip in the Nantahala River, which flows through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The river is perfect for swimming, tubing, and kayaking.
8. Drive the scenic Roan Mountain Parkway, a 33-mile stretch of road that winds through the Roan Mountains. The parkway offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
9. Play a round of golf at the Highland Manor Golf Club, a beautiful 18-hole course located in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains.
10. Visit the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the most visited national park in the United States. The park offers a variety of outdoor activities, such as hiking, camping, and fishing.