Bithlo is home to many kid-friendly attractions such as the Central Florida Zoo, Gatorland, and the Orlando Science Center. The Central Florida Zoo is a 115-acre zoo and botanical gardens located in Bithlo. The zoo is home to over 400 animals and 100 species. Gatorland is a 110-acre theme park and wildlife preserve located in Bithlo. The park is home to over 4,000 alligators and crocodiles. The Orlando Science Center is a hands-on museum located in Bithlo. The science center has over 200 exhibits and demonstrative shows.
10 fun & kid-friendly things to do in Bithlo Florida
1. Bithlo Community Park: This park is a great place for kids to play, with a playground, picnic pavilions, and a fishing pier.
2. Bithlo Conservation Area: This nature preserve is a great place to explore Florida’s wildlife, with hiking trails and a boardwalk.
3. Blue Spring State Park: This state park is home to the largest spring in Florida, and offers swimming, tubing, and canoeing.
4. Central Florida Zoo: This zoo is home to over 400 animals, including lions, tigers, and bears.
5. Gatorland: This theme park is dedicated to all things gators, with shows, tours, and a chance to feed the reptiles.
6. Orlando Science Center: This museum is great for kids, with hands-on exhibits and an IMAX theater.
7. Ripley’s Believe It or Not!: This Orlando attraction is perfect for kids, with oddities and interactive exhibits.
8. WonderWorks: This “inverted” museum is full of hands-on science exhibits, perfect for a rainy day.
9. Fun Spot America: This theme park has roller coasters, go-karts, and arcade games, for a day of fun.
1. What Is The History Of Bithlo, Florida?
Bithlo is an unincorporated community in Orange County, Florida, United States. The community is located along the eastern shore of the Econlockhatchee River, bordering the city of Orlando. Bithlo was once a thriving community with its own post office, school, church, and general store. However, over the years it has become increasingly absorbed by the growth of the Orlando metropolitan area.
2. How Did Bithlo Get Its Name?
The name “Bithlo” is derived from the Seminole Indian word for “Alligator”. This is fitting as the Econlockhatchee River which runs through Bithlo is home to many alligators.
3. What Is The Bithlo Festival All About?
The Bithlo Festival is an annual event that celebrates the community’s Seminole heritage. The festival features traditional food, music, and dance, as well as modern attractions such as carnival rides and a car show.
4. What Is The Bithlo Mud Monkey 5K?
The Bithlo Mud Monkey 5k is an annual race that takes place in the community of Bithlo. The race is held on a dirt course and participants often get mud splattered on them as they run.
5. What Is The Bithlo Conservatory?
The Bithlo Conservatory is a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to the preservation and enjoyment of the natural environment of Bithlo. The Conservatory offers educational programs, hiking trails, and bird watching opportunities.
6. What Is The Bithlo Community Center?
The Bithlo Community Center is a multi-purpose facility that offers a variety of services and programs to the residents of Bithlo. The Community Center has a gymnasium, meeting rooms, a computer lab, and a library.
7. What Is The Bithlo Little League?
The Bithlo Little League is a youth baseball league that serves the community of Bithlo. The Little League offers boys and girls the opportunity to learn and play the game of baseball.
8. What Is The Bithlo Youth Soccer League?
The Bithlo Youth Soccer League is a youth soccer league that serves the community of Bithlo. The League offers boys and girls the opportunity to learn and play the game of soccer.
9. What Is The Bithlo Boxing Club?
The Bithlo Boxing Club is a boxing club that is open to the public. The Club offers boxing lessons, as well as the opportunity to compete in boxing competitions.
10. What Is The Bithlo Skate Park?
The Bithlo Skate Park is a public skate park that is open to anyone who wants to use it. The Skate Park has a variety of ramps and obstacles for skaters to enjoy.