If you’re looking for some kid-friendly fun in Birmingham, United Kingdom, you won’t be disappointed. There are plenty of great things to do with kids in this vibrant city. From exploring one of the many museums to taking a ride on the historic Birmingham Canal, there’s something for everyone. Here are just a few of the top kid-friendly things to do in Birmingham.
One of the most popular kid-friendly attractions in Birmingham is the Thinktank Science Museum. This hands-on museum is perfect for kids of all ages and is sure to spark their curiosity. Other great museums in Birmingham include the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, the National Museum of Birmingham, and the Birmingham Wildlife Conservation Park.
If your kids are looking for some outdoor fun, you can’t go wrong with a visit to one of Birmingham’s many parks. Cannon Hill Park is a great option and is home to a playground, a miniature railway, and a petting zoo. Another great option is Sutton Park, which is one of the largest urban parks in Europe and offers plenty of space to run around and explore.
No trip to Birmingham would be complete without a ride on the Birmingham Canal. This historic canal is a great way to see the city from a different perspective and is sure to be a hit with the kids.
Whether you’re looking for educational fun or just some good old-fashioned playtime, Birmingham has you covered. With so many great kid-friendly things to do, you’re sure to have a memorable trip.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Birmingham, United Kingdom
1. Visit the Nationalenged Zoo: The Nationalenged Zoo is home to over 850 different species of animals, making it a great place to learn about the natural world. Birmingham is also home to a number of other zoos and animal sanctuaries, so there are plenty of opportunities to get up close and personal with some of the world’s most amazing creatures.
2. Climb Cadbury World: Kids will love exploring the history of chocolate at Cadbury World, where they can learn about the production process and even create their own chocolate masterpiece.
3. Take a walk in the park: Birmingham is home to over 50 parks, so there’s plenty of green space to explore. Pack a picnic and enjoy a day out in nature with the kids.
4. Visit the Thinktank Science Museum: The Thinktank Science Museum is a great place for kids to learn about the science and technology. With over 200 interactive exhibits, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
5.Explore the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery: The Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery is home to a wide variety of exhibits, ranging from ancient artefacts to modern art. Kids will love exploring the different galleries and learning about the history of the city.
6. Go on a canal boat cruise: Birmingham is home to a network of canals, so what better way to see the city than from the water? There are a number of boat tours available, so you can sit back, relax and take in the sights.
7. Visit the Sea Life Centre: The Sea Life Centre is home to over 50 different species of marine life, including sharks, turtles and stingrays. Kids will love getting up close to the aquariums and learning about the different creatures.
8. Climb Snowdon: Snowdon is the highest mountain in England and Wales, so it’s the perfect place to get some fresh air and stunning views. The kids will love the challenge of reaching the summit, and you can reward them with a snowball fight at the top!
9. Visit the National Space Centre: The National Space Centre is a great place for kids to learn about the solar system and space exploration. With over 60 interactive exhibits, they’ll be sure to have a blast.
10. Have fun at Drayton Manor Park: Drayton Manor Park is a great day out for the whole family, with a number of rides and attractions to keep everyone entertained. Kids will love the Thomas the Tank Engine-themed rides, and there’s also a zoo and safari park on site.