Bhisho is the capital city of the Eastern Cape Province in South Africa. It is also the seat of the Eastern Cape Provincial Government. Bhisho was founded in 1819 as a military outpost by the British Governor of the Cape Colony. Bhisho is a Xhosa word meaning “Place of the Cheetah”. The city has a population of about 70,000 people.
Bhisho is a great place for kids to visit. There are plenty of things to do to keep them entertained. The Bhisho Zoo is home to over 200 animals, including lions, tigers, giraffes, and monkeys. The zoo also has a playground and a petting zoo. kids will also enjoy visiting the Bhisho Boer War Museum, which is a museum dedicated to the history of the Boer War. Other kid-friendly places in Bhisho include the Eastern Cape National Botanical Gardens, which has over 1,000 species of plants, and the Bhisho Game Reserve, which is home to a variety of animals, including lions, rhinos, and elephants.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bhisho, South Africa
1. Take a walk or bike ride through the Botanical Gardens
2. Visit the Bhisho Zoo
3. Play at one of the many playgrounds located throughout the city
4. Attend a performance at the Bhisho Performing Arts Centre
5. Go for a swim at the Bhisho Aquatic Centre
6. Visit the Bhisho Museum
7. Explore the Bhisho Cemetery
8. Shop at the Bhisho Market
9. Visit the Bhisho Planetarium
10. Take a tour of the Bhisho Parliament