Bethel is a small city in Alaska with a few kid friendly activities. Kids can enjoy hiking and exploring the outdoors at the Yukon Delta National Wildlife Refuge. The refuge has a variety of animals and plants, and kids can learn about them on the ranger-led programs. The Bethel Cultural Center is also a great place for kids to learn about the local culture and history. There are exhibits on traditional Yup’ik clothing, tools, and art, as well as a hands-on area where kids can try out traditional Yup’ik activities.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bethel, Alaska
1. Whitewater rafting down the Nuyakuk River is an exciting way to explore the wilderness and get a thrill all at the same time.
2. Helicopter rides are a great way to see the majestic landscape from above and get an unforgettable experience.
3. Hiking and camping in the beautiful Wood Tikchik State Park is a great way to get back to nature and explore the wilderness.
4. Fishing for salmon in the many rivers and lakes is a popular pastime and a great way to catch dinner.
5. ATVing and dirt biking are great ways to explore the many trails in the area and get a little mud on your tires.
6. Sightseeing tours are a great way to learn about the history and culture of the area and see some of the most popular sights.
7. Hunting for big game is a popular activity in the area and a great way to get some fresh, local meat.
8. Berry picking is a great way to enjoy the summer months and get some delicious, fresh berries at the same time.
9. Dog sledding is a unique way to see the area and is a great activity for the whole family.
10. Snowmobiling is a great way to get around in the winter and is a lot of fun for the whole family.