Bessemer, Pennsylvania is home to a variety of kid-friendly activities. The Bessemer City Park is a great place to take the kids for a day of picnicking and play. The park features a playground, a basketball court, a volleyball court, and a walking trail. The Bessemer Zoo is another great option for spending a day with the kids. The zoo has a variety of animals, as well as a picnic area and a playground. The Steel City Aquatic Center is a fantastic place to take the kids for a day of swimming and splashing around. The center features a lap pool, a diving pool, a wading pool, and a water slide.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bessemer, Pennsylvania
1. Visit the W.C. Handy Home and Museum to learn about the life and work of the legendary musician and composer.
2. Stop by the Bessemer Historical Society to see exhibits on the area’s rich history.
3. Explore the grounds of the beautiful Bessemer City Park.
4. Visit the unique Little Red Schoolhouse Museum.
5. Take a tour of the historic G.C. Murphy Co. Store.
6. Attend a performance at the Bessemer Opera House.
7. Learn about the area’s coal mining heritage at the Mauch Chunk Museum.
8. Play a round of golf at one of the area’s many beautiful courses.
9. Go hiking or camping in the nearby Pocono Mountains.
10. Visit the Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School to learn about the state’s leading online educational institution.