Bermeo is a small town located in the Basque Country of northern Spain. Although it is not a popular tourist destination, there are a few kid-friendly activities to do in the area. One option is to visit the nearby town of Gernika, which is known for its market square and annual festivals. Another option is to take a scenic drive down the coast to the city of Bilbao. Bilbao is home to the world-famous Guggenheim Museum, as well as a number of other museums and attractions. Finally, kids will enjoy spending time at the beach in Bermeo, which has a number of small, sandy beaches.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bermeo, Spain
1. Visit Gaztelugatxe: Gaztelugatxe is a small island located off the coast of Bermeo, Spain. It is connected to the mainland by a man-made causeway and is home to a small church. Visitors can climb the 241 steps to the top of the island for views of the coast and surrounding area.
2.Explore Bermeo Old Town: Bermeo’s Old Town is a beautiful and historic area to explore. The town is filled with narrow streets, traditional architecture, and stunning views of the sea.
3.Visit the Bermeo Fishermen’s Museum: The Bermeo Fishermen’s Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of Bermeo’s fishing industry. The museum is located in an old fish market and includes exhibits on the town’s fishing boats, equipment, and traditions.
4. Take a Boat Tour: A boat tour is a great way to see the coastline and nearby islands. There are several tour companies offering boat tours from Bermeo.
5. Go Hiking: There are several hiking trails in and around Bermeo. The trails offer stunning views of the coast and surrounding countryside.
6.Visit the Borda Berri Visitor’s Center: The Borda Berri Visitor’s Center is a great place to learn about the natural history of the area. The center is located in an old farmhouse and includes exhibits on the local flora and fauna.
7. Go Kayaking: Kayaking is a great way to explore the coastline and nearby islands. There are several kayaking companies offering tours from Bermeo.
8. Go Windsurfing: Windsurfing is a popular activity in Bermeo. There are several Windsurfing companies offering lessons and rentals.
9. Visit the Local Beaches: There are several beautiful beaches in and around Bermeo. The beaches offer stunning views of the coast and are great for swimming, sunbathing, and fishing.
10. Go Whale Watching: Whale watching is a popular activity in Bermeo. There are several whale watching companies offering tours from Bermeo.