Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, is a great place for kids! There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep your little ones entertained. Visit the Berkeley Heights Public Library for story time, join a play group at the Berkeley Heights Recreation Center, or explore one of the many local parks. For a special treat, take a trip to the nearby Zoo New Jersey or the Liberty Science Center. With so much to do, your family will never get bored in Berkeley Heights!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
1. Rutgers Gardens: The gardens feature over 10,000 different types of plants, making it a perfect place for a nature hike or picnic.
2. Morristown National Historical Park: This park is perfect for a history lesson, as it was the site of some of the most important battles of the American Revolution.
3. Echo Lake Park: The park offers plenty of activities for kids, including hiking, fishing, playgrounds, and a swimming beach.
4. Liberty Science Center: The science center offers interactive exhibits and educational programs for kids of all ages.
5. The Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge: The refuge is home to over 200 different species of animals, making it a great place for a safari adventure.
6. The Newark Museum: The museum offers a variety of exhibits and educational programs for kids, covering everything from art to science.
7. The New Jersey State Museum: The museum features exhibits on the state’s history, natural history, and culture.
8. The Liberty Bell: The bell is an iconic symbol of American freedom, and kids will love seeing it up close.
9. The Siegel-Cooper Company Store: The store is a replica of a turn-of-the-century department store, and kids can enjoy a variety of old-fashioned games and activities.
10. The Thomas Edison National Historical Park: The park is home to the world’s largest collection of Edison’s inventions, and kids will love seeing how he changed the world.