Bergen is a great place for kids of all ages! There are plenty of things to do both indoors and out. For those days when the weather isn’t cooperating, the Bergen Community Center has an indoor pool, a gymnasium, and a climbing wall. The local library is also a great place to spend some time, with plenty of children’s books, movies, and games available.
For those days when you want to be outdoors, there are several parks in the area with playgrounds, picnic tables, and hiking trails. The Erie Canal Trail also runs through Bergen, and is a great place to walk, bike, or go for a leisurely stroll. Bergen is also home to the Genesee Country Village and Museum, which is a living history museum that is great for kids of all ages.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bergen, New York
1. Walk around the Charles A. Gaeta Memorial Park: This park is a great place to take a stroll with your kids, have a picnic, or play on the playground. There is also a pond where you can go fishing.
2. Have some fun at the Herbert Hull Memorial Playground: This playground is perfect for kids of all ages. There is a variety of equipment to keep your little ones entertained for hours.
3. Get your adrenaline pumping at the Alpine Slide: This is a great activity for thrill seekers. You can ride the Alpine Slide down the hill for a fast and thrilling ride.
4. Go on a hike: There are many hiking trails in Bergen that are perfect for exploring with your family. You can find a trail that is the perfect difficulty for your family, and take in the beautiful scenery.
5. Visit the Bergen Museum: This museum is perfect for kids who are interested in history and science. There are many interactive exhibits that will keep your kids engaged and learning.
6. Check out the animals at the Bergen Zoo: The Bergen Zoo is home to many different animals, and your kids will love seeing them all. They can even feed some of the animals if you purchase food at the Zoo.
7. Go for a swim: Bergen is home to many different lakes and ponds where you can take a dip with your kids. There are also a few public pools if you want to swim in a more controlled environment.
8. Play mini golf: Mini golf is a great activity for the whole family. You can test your putting skills while spending time with your kids.
9. Go on a bike ride: Bergen is a great place to explore by bike. There are many different trails that you can take, and you can even rent bikes if you don’t have your own.
10. Grab a bite to eat: There are many different restaurants in Bergen that are perfect for families. You can find a place that has something for everyone, and enjoy a meal together.