There are many kid friendly things to do in Bergamo, Italy. One of the most popular attractions is the Citta Alta, or upper city. This is a medieval walled city that is full of history and charm. There are plenty of shops and restaurants to keep kids entertained, as well as a number of historical landmarks. Another great option for families is the Parco dei Colli, or Hill Park. This is a huge park that has a playground, a pond, and plenty of open space to run around. There are also a number of museums in Bergamo that are kid friendly, such as the Museum of Natural History and the Museum of Archaeology. whatever your interests, there are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Bergamo, Italy.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bergamo, Italy
1. Take a scenic gondola ride through the city: A must-do while in Bergamo, this unique mode of transportation offers breathtaking views of the cityscape as you glide through the winding canals.
2. Visit the Citta Alta: The upper city of Bergamo is a medieval walled enclave that is reachable by gondola or a strenuous hike up the hill. Once inside, explore the quaint streets and visit the many churches and museums.
3. Taste the local cuisine: Bergamo is known for its food, so be sure to try some of the specialties like polenta taragna (a type of cornmeal dish), casoncelli (a type of ravioli), and of course, the delicious desserts!
4. Shop at the open-air markets: There are several open-air markets in Bergamo where you can find fresh produce, artisanal goods, and locally made items.
5. Go on a hike or bike ride in the countryside: Just outside of Bergamo is the beautiful Orobie Alps, where you can go on hikes or mountain bike rides. There are also several lakes in the area that are perfect for a refreshing swim.
6. Visit the Santa Maria Maggiore: This beautiful basilica is one of the main landmarks in Bergamo and is definitely worth a visit. The interior is stunning, and from the top of the bell tower, you can get some of the best views of the city.
7. explore the Accademia Carrara: This art museum is home to a collection of work by some of the greatest Italian painters, including Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, and Titian.
8. Take a day trip to Lake Como: Just a short drive from Bergamo is the gorgeous Lake Como. Here you can enjoy the views, go for a swim, or take a boat ride.
9. Learn about the city’s history at the Bergamo City Museum: This museum chronicles the history of Bergamo from its Roman beginnings up to the present day. It’s a great place to learn about the city’s rich past.
10. Visit the Bergamo Botanical Gardens: These beautiful gardens are home to a variety of plant life, as well as a stunning glass greenhouse. They’re the perfect place to take a break from sightseeing and relax in nature.