There are many kid friendly things to do in Benson, Arizona. Visitors can take a train ride on the Chisholm Trail Railroad, visit the Benson Visitor Center, or go on a hike. The Chisholm Trail Railroad offers a two hour train ride that goes through the San Pedro Valley. The Benson Visitor Center is a great place to learn about the history of Benson and the area. Visitors can also go on a hike in the San Pedro Valley.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Benson, Arizona
1. Head to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum – This world-renowned museum is a great place to learn about the animals and plants that call the desert home.
2. Visit Kartchner Caverns State Park – Explore the stunning underground world of Kartchner Caverns.
3. Hike or bike the Arizona Trail – This 800+ mile trail winds its way through some of the most beautiful scenery in Arizona.
4. Go stargazing at Chiricahua National Monument – Chiricahua is one of the best places in Arizona for stargazing, thanks to its high elevation and lack of light pollution.
5. Take a scenic drive on the Coronado Trail – This 100-mile stretch of highway takes you through some of the most dramatic scenery in Arizona.
6. Whitewater rafting on the Salt River – The Salt River offers some of the best whitewater rafting in Arizona.
7. Fishing in one of Arizona’s many lakes and rivers – Arizona is home to a wealth of lakes and rivers, making it a great place to fish for trout, bass, and other fish.
8. Camping in one of Arizona’s many state parks – Camping is a great way to experience Arizona’s stunning scenery and wildlife.
9. Golfing at one of Arizona’s world-class golf courses – Arizona is home to some of the best golf courses in the world, so be sure to hit the links while you’re in town.
10. Shopping and dining in historic downtown Benson – Benson’s historic downtown offers a variety of unique shops and restaurants to explore.