Bennington is home to a variety of kid-friendly attractions that are sure to keep the little ones entertained. For a fun-filled day out, head to the Bennington Water Park where the kids can cool off in the summer heat. Be sure to pack a picnic lunch to enjoy in the park afterwards.
For a day of learning, head to the Tom Mix Museum which is dedicated to the life and work of the famous cowboy actor. The kids will love seeing all the old movie memorabilia on display. Afterwards, take a stroll through the scenic Chisholm Trail Park.
If the weather is nice, take a drive out to Lake El Reno for a day of fishing and swimming. The kids will love playing in the water and exploring the lake. Be sure to pack plenty of snacks and drinks to keep everyone hydrated and happy.
Whatever you decide to do, Bennington has plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep the little ones occupied.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bennington, Oklahoma
1. Visit the Woolaroc Museum and Wildlife Preserve -The Woolaroc Museum and Wildlife Preserve is a must-see for any visitors to Bennington, Oklahoma. Housed in a former 1920s lodge, the museum features a collection of Western art and artifacts, as well as a variety of live animals. Kids will love seeing the bison, elk, longhorn cattle, deer, and other wildlife that call Woolaroc home.
2. Take a Hike on the Nature Trail at Lake Arcadia – Lake Arcadia is a beautiful spot for a nature hike, and the Nature Trail is the perfect place to start. The trail spans two miles and takes hikers through a variety of habitats, including forests, meadows, and wetlands. Keep your eyes peeled for wildflowers, butterflies, and birds as you explore this scenic trail.
3. Have a Picnic at Quartz Mountain State Park – Quartz Mountain State Park is a great place to enjoy a family picnic. The park offers several picnic areas, as well as grills and picnic tables. After your meal, take some time to explore the hiking trails, go for a swim in the lake, or try your hand at fishing.
4. Visit the Artesian Carousel and Splashpad – The Artesian Carousel and Splashpad is a great spot for a summer day. The carousel features 30 hand-carved animals, and the splashpad has a variety of water features to keep kids cool. The Artesian also has a playground, a coffee shop, and a gift shop.
5. tour the Goddard Center for the Visual and Performing Arts – The Goddard Center for the Visual and Performing Arts is a great place to take the family for a day of art and culture. The center houses several galleries, a theater, and a sculpture garden. Kids will love exploring the galleries and trying out the hands-on activities in the Creativity Lab.
6. Go for a Bike Ride at the Cimarron National Grassland – The Cimarron National Grassland is a great place to go for a family bike ride. The grassland has over 200 miles of trails, and many of them are suitable for biking. There are also picnic areas and scenic overlooks along the way, so you can stop and enjoy the view.
7. See the Stars at the Meridian Wildlife Viewing Area – The Meridian Wildlife Viewing Area is a great place to go for a night of stargazing. The area is home to a dark sky preserve, and it offers excellent views of the stars and planets. The viewing area also has a playground and a picnic area, so you can make a night of it.
8. Play a Round of Golf at the Oak Tree National Golf Club – The Oak Tree National Golf Club is a great place to take the family for a round of golf. The course is located in a beautiful wooded area, and it offers a challenging round of golf for all skill levels. The club also has a pro shop, a restaurant, and a bar, so you can relax after your game.
9. Hike to the Top of Mount Scott – Mount Scott is the highest point in Oklahoma, and it’s a great place to go for a hike. The summit trail is just over two miles, and it offers stunning views of the surrounding area. The trail is suitable for all skill levels, and it’s a great way to get some exercise.
10. Visit the Petsworth Animal Shelter – The Petsworth Animal Shelter is a great place to take the family for a day of fun. The shelter is home to a variety of animals, including dogs, cats, rabbits, and reptiles. Kids will love playing with the animals and learning about responsible pet ownership.