If you’re looking for kid friendly things to do in Bennington, Nebraska, you won’t be disappointed. There are plenty of indoor and outdoor activities to keep everyone entertained. For starters, why not visit the Bennington Aquatic Center? The center has a pool, a splash pad, and a water slide, making it the perfect place to cool off on a hot summer day. If you’re looking for something a bit more active, head to One Wheel Skate Park. The park has a variety of ramps and rails for skateboarders and BMX riders of all skill levels. If you’re looking for something a bit more low-key, take a stroll through the Garden of the Gods Nature Preserve. The preserve is home to a variety of plant and wildlife, and is a great place to get some fresh air and take in the beauty of nature. No matter what you’re looking for, you’re sure to find it in Bennington, Nebraska.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bennington, Nebraska
1. Drive through the scenic Chimney Rock National Monument – Nestled in the heart of the Nebraska National Forest, Chimney Rock National Monument is a beautiful spot for a family road trip. The drive through the monument is about 2.5 miles long and takes you past some of the most incredible rock formations in the state.
2. Visit the Strategic Air and Space Museum – This museum is dedicated to preserving the history of the United States Air Force. The museum has over 150 aircraft on display, as well as missiles, rockets, and other memorabilia. The museum is also home to the world’s largest airplane, the Stratolaunch.
3. Take a hike through Fort Robinson State Park – This state park is home to over 22 miles of hiking trails, as well as a variety of other activities such as horseback riding, fishing, and picnicking. The park is also home to the Fort Robinson Museum, which chronicles the history of the fort.
4. Go fishing at Harlan County Reservoir – This reservoir is a great spot for family fishing, with a variety of fish species such as bass, catfish, and trout. The reservoir is also home to a swimming beach, boat ramp, and picnic areas.
5.Explore the Carhenge Monument – This unique monument is made up of 38 vintage cars that have been arranged in a circle, resembling England’s Stonehenge. The monument is located in the town of Alliance, just a short drive from Bennington.
6. Visit the Husker Harvest Days farm show – This annual event is the world’s largest working farm show, and features a variety of exhibits and demonstrations. The show is held every September in Grand Island, about an hour’s drive from Bennington.
7. Go for a swim at Johnson Lake – This lake is a popular spot for swimming, boating, and fishing, and features a sand beach, playground, and picnic areas. The lake is located just outside of Grand Island.
8. Take a scenic drive on the Cowboy Trail – This scenic byway runs for over 200 miles through the Nebraska Sandhills, and is a great way to see the state’s unique landscape. The trailhead is located just outside of Alliance.
9. Visit the Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer – This museum chronicles the history of the American West, with exhibits on pioneer life, the railroad, and the homesteading era. The museum is located in Grand Island.
10. Go tubing down the Niobrara River – This river is a great spot for tubing, canoeing, and kayaking, and is located just outside of Valentine.