Belfast is a charming small town located on Penobscot Bay in Midcoast Maine. The town offers a variety of kid-friendly activities, including the Belfast Farmers Market, the Bangor Zoo, and the Belfast Harbor Walk. The Belfast Farmers Market is held every Saturday morning from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm, and features a variety of locally grown fruits and vegetables, as well as homemade jams, breads, and crafts. The Bangor Zoo is located just a short drive from Belfast, and offers a variety of animal exhibits and a petting zoo. The Belfast Harbor Walk is a beautiful walking trail that winds along the waterfront, and offers stunning views of the bay.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Belfast, Maine
1. Drive to Belfast, Maine and explore the charming downtown area. Park the car and take a stroll down Main Street, popping into the various shops and cafes.
2. Visit the Belfast Farmers’ Market, which is open year-round on Saturdays from 9am to 1pm. Shop for fresh produce, handmade arts and crafts, and local specialty foods.
3. Head to the Belfast Harbor Walk to enjoy the views of the harbor and Penobscot Bay. The walkway is just over a mile long and also features a playground and picnic area.
4. Go for a swim at one of Belfast’s beaches. Sand Beach Park is a great option and has a bathhouse, picnic tables, and grills.
5. Take a boat tour of the harbor with Captain Jack’s Boat Tours. The tour lasts about an hour and provides interesting commentary about the history and ecology of the area.
6. Visit the Marine Museum of Maine, which is located in downtown Belfast. The museum features exhibits on the state’s maritime history, as well as a hands-on area for kids.
7. explore the Belfast City Park, which is located on the waterfront. The park has a playground, walking trails, and a basketball court.
8. Head to the Belfast Boathouse for a chance to go kayaking or canoeing. Paddle around the harbor and take in the views of the bay.
9.Visit the Penobscot Marine Museum, which is located just outside of Belfast. The museum features exhibits on the maritime history of the area, as well as a working boatyard.
10.Take a scenic drive down the Maine coast. Start in Belfast and head south, enjoying the beautiful scenery along the way.