There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Beaverton, Oregon! For starters, the Beaverton Farmers Market is open every Saturday from May through October, and is a great place for kids to learn about local produce and meet some of the farmers who grow it. The Summer Concert Series is also a great activity for families, with free concerts happening every Thursday night in July and August. Kids will love the playgrounds, splash pads, and wading pools at Sunset Athletic Park, and Parents will appreciate the walking and biking trails that wind through the park. The Tualatin Hills Nature Park is another great spot for families, with miles of hiking trails, a playground, and a variety of animals to see. And of course, no trip to Beaverton would be complete without a visit to the Nike Factory Store, where kids can get a behind-the-scenes look at how Nike shoes are made, and maybe even score a great deal on some gear!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Beaverton, Oregon
1. Visit the Oregon Zoo: The Oregon Zoo is a great place to take kids of all ages. There are many different animals to see, as well as a petting zoo and many interactive displays.
2. Take a Hike: There are many great hiking trails in and around Beaverton. This is a great way to get some fresh air and exercise while enjoying the beauty of nature.
3. Visit the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge: This refuge is a great place to see a variety of wildlife, including birds, mammals, reptiles, and amphibians. There are also many hiking trails and a visitor center with educational displays.
4. Play at the park: Beaverton has many great parks, perfect for a day of play. There are playgrounds, picnicking areas, and often public events and festivals.
5. Go fishing: The Tualatin River and many lakes in the area are great for fishing. Kids will love trying to catch a big one!
6. Visit a museum: Beaverton is home to a few different museums, including the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, the Washington County Museum, and the Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks and Minerals.
7. Go shopping: Beaverton is home to many different shopping centers and malls. Kids will enjoy window shopping and maybe even getting a few souvenirs.
8. Attend a sporting event: Beaverton is home to minor league baseball and hockey teams. Attending a game is a great way to spend an afternoon or evening.
9. Go bowling: Beaverton has several different bowling alleys, perfect for a fun night out with the family.
10. See a movie: Beaverton has several different movie theaters, perfect for a rainy day activity.