There are many kid friendly things to do in Beacon, Iowa. The city has a number of parks which are perfect for playing and exploring, including McCaffrey Park which has a playground, a spray pad, and a walking trail. Beacon is also home to the Hawkeye Wildlife Area, where kids can see a variety of animals and learn about the environment. Other kid friendly attractions in Beacon include the Powers Museum, the Grout Museum of History, and the Amana Heritage Society. There are also a number of kid friendly events held in Beacon throughout the year, such as the Beacon Festival and the Amana Colonies Easter Egg Hunt.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Beacon, Iowa
1. Kids can explore the
beach where the Mississippi River meets Beacon, IA. They can hunt for shells and fossils, build sandcastles, and splash in the water.
2. At the MacNider Art Museum, kids can explore the interactive puzzles and games in the Art Adventure area, or create their own masterpieces in the Art Studio.
3. The Maytag Dairy Farm is a fun place for kids to learn about where milk comes from, and they even get to milk a cow!
4. For a historic experience, kids can take a tour of the Parkersburg Home, which was built in 1857.
5. The Grundy County Speedway is a great place for kids to watch cars speed around the track.
6. The Irving Park is a great place for kids to run around, play on the playground equipment, or have a picnic lunch.
7. The Maple Valley Aquatic Center is perfect for a hot summer day, with its water slides, lazy river, and pool.
8. Kids can learn about farming at the Iowa Farm Bureau Museum, where they can milk a cow, ride a tractor, and more.
9. The Amana Colonies are a great place for kids to learn about the Amana people and their way of life.
10. The Moo-Ville Creamery is a fun place for kids to get ice cream, made from milk from the Maytag Dairy Farm.