There’s no shortage of things to keep the little ones entertained in Bath. Take them on a journey back in time at the Roman Baths, where they can explore the ancient ruins andlearn all about life in Roman Britain. Or let their imaginations run wild at the Georgian House Museum, where they can dress up in traditional costumes and explore the creaky old house. For some outdoor fun, take them for a paddle in the river, or on a Segway Adventure through the city streets. And when they’ve worked up an appetite, there are plenty of kid-friendly cafes and restaurants to refuel at.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bath, United Kingdom
1. Visit the Roman Baths: The Roman Baths are a world-famous historic site and well-preserved Roman ruins. They are a fascinating attraction for kids and adults alike.
2. Go on a boat ride: Bath is situated on the River Avon, so why not take a boat ride and enjoy the views? You can even hire a riverboat for the day.
3. Visit the Royal Crescent: The Royal Crescent is an iconic row of Georgian townhouses. It’s definitely worth a visit, especially if you’re a fan of architecture.
4. Get some ice cream: Bath is home to some of the best ice cream in the UK! Make sure to try a scoop (or two) while you’re in town.
5. Visit the Jane Austen Centre: If your kids are fans of Jane Austen, they’ll love the Jane Austen Centre. They can learn all about the famous author and her life in Bath.
6. Go to the park: Bath has plenty of green spaces to explore, so make sure to visit one of the many parks while you’re in town. Victoria Park is a great option.
7. Ride the open-top bus: What better way to see Bath than from the top of an open-top bus? You can hop on and off as you please, and it’s a great way to get your bearings.
8. Take a tour of the Abbey: Bath Abbey is a beautiful historic building, and a tour is a great way to learn all about its history. Free tours are available, but donations are encouraged.
9. Shop ’til you drop: Bath is a great place for shopping, especially if you’re looking for unique and independent stores. Don’t forget to pick up some souvenirs!
10. Visit the Thermae Bath Spa: The Thermae Bath Spa is a must-visit if you’re looking to relax. You can soak in the naturally heated waters, and there’s even a rooftop pool.