Basile, Louisiana is home to many kid friendly activities. Kids can enjoy tasks such as picking out fresh produce at the local farmer’s market, going on a nature hike at one of the many area trails, or even cooling off with a refreshing swim at the community pool. Also, the town hosts special events throughout the year that are perfect for families. For example, the town’s annual Easter Egg Hunt is a longstanding tradition that kids always enjoy. There are also many outdoor parks where kids can explore and play. Overall, Basile is a great place for families and kids of all ages.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Basile, Louisiana
1. Take a dip in the Blue Hole, a natural swimming pool formed by an artesian spring.
2. Visit the Bayou Folk Museum to learn about the local culture and history.
3. Take a scenic drive or hike through the Kisatchie National Forest.
4. Go fishing or canoeing on one of the many bayous and lakes in the area.
5. Attend an live Cajun music performance at one of the local clubs or festivals.
6. Sample some of the delicious Cajun cuisine at one of the many restaurants in town.
7. Stroll through the Historic Downtown District and admire the beautiful architecture.
8. Browse the collections at the E.D. White Historic Site or the library museum.
9. Visit a working sugar cane plantation or take a tour of a local distillery.
10. Enjoy the great outdoors at one of the many parks or nature trails in the area.