There are many kid friendly things to do in Barrackville, West Virginia. One option is to go to the Mylan Park, which has a playground, pavilions, and a walking trail. Another option is to go to the Barrackville Covered Bridge, which is the oldest covered bridge in West Virginia. You can also visit the West Virginia State Folk Festival, which is held every year in September. This festival has music, dancing, and food from all over the state.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Barrackville, West Virginia
1. Visit the Indians. The local Indians are very friendly and love to show kids around their village. They will teach kids about their culture and history, and even let them try traditional activities like making pottery or painting their faces with warpaint.
2. Visit the used bookstore. The local used bookstore is a great place to find books for kids of all ages. The staff is always willing to help kids find the perfect book, and there are always plenty of discounts to be found.
3. Go on a nature hike. Barrackville is home to some beautiful scenery, and what better way to take it all in than by going on a nature hike? There are plenty of trails to choose from, so kids can pick the perfect one for their skill level.
4. Visit the local museum. The Barrackville Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the area. Kids will love seeing all of the old artifacts and learning about the people who used to live here.
5. Go fishing. Fishing is a great activity for kids of all ages, and there are plenty of spots to try in Barrackville. Kids will love trying to catch their dinner, and they might even get lucky and catch a big one!
6. Take a dip in the pool. The local pool is a great place to cool off on a hot day. Kids can swim, play games, and even take swimming lessons if they want.
7. Play in the park. Barrackville is home to some beautiful parks, and kids will love running around and playing in them. There are playgrounds, picnic areas, and even fishing spots in some of the parks, so there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
8. Explore the caves. There are several caves in the area that kids can explore. They’ll love crawling through the dark tunnels and discovering all of the bats and other creatures that live inside.
9. Go stargazing. Barrackville is a great place to go stargazing. There are very few lights, so the stars are very bright. Kids will love lying on the ground and looking up at the sky.
10. Go on a hayride. One of the best things to do in Barrackville is go on a hayride. Kids will love bumping along the dirt roads and taking in the sights and sounds of the country.