Barker is a great town for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep the little ones entertained. The town has a playground, a splash pad, and a few small parks. Barker is also home to a dairy farm, which offers tours and a chance to see the cows being milked. There are also a few small shops and ice cream parlors in town.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Barker, New York
1. Visit the Barker Fir Tree Farm – The Barker Fir Tree Farm is a Christmas tree farm that offers both cut-your-own and pre-cut trees. They also have hayrides, a gift shop, and a place to get hot cider and cookies.
2. Go sledding at Barker Hill – Barker Hill is a great place for sledding and tubing in the winter. It’s located right in town and has a nice, long hill for sledding.
3. Visit the Barker Museum – The Barker Museum is a small museum located in town that has exhibits on local history and the history of the area. It’s a great place to learn about the area and see some interesting artifacts.
4. Attend a show at the Barker Playhouse – The Barker Playhouse is a local theater that puts on shows throughout the year. They have both children’s and adult shows, so there’s something for everyone.
5. Visit the Barker Public Library – The Barker Public Library is a great place to go to read, borrow books, or use the computers. They have a large selection of books for all ages, and it’s always quiet and peaceful inside.
6. Play at the Barker Town Park – The Barker Town Park is a great place to take the kids to play. It has a playground, a basketball court, and a picnic area.
7. Go fishing at one of the Barker ponds – Barker has several ponds that are perfect for fishing. You can usually find a good spot to fish, and the kids will love trying to catch something.
8. Have a picnic at the Barker Waterfalls – The Barker Waterfalls are a beautiful spot for a picnic. You can sit and relax while you eat, and the kids can play in the water.
9. Go hiking at Barker Mountain – Barker Mountain has several hiking trails that are perfect for exploring. You can find a trail that’s the right level of difficulty for your family, and the kids will love being out in nature.
10. Go ice skating at the Barker Ice Rink – The Barker Ice Rink is open in the winter for ice skating. It’s a great activity for the whole family, and you can warm up with some hot cocoa afterwards.