There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Barberton, Ohio! For starters, there are several parks perfect for a day of play. Liberty Park, in particular, has a nice playground and is also a great spot for a picnic lunch. If your kids are into sports, they can join a local youth league or take advantage of the many public courts and fields in the area. Barberton is also home to a couple of museums, the W.I.T.C.H. House Children’s Museum and the Barberton History Museum, both of which are perfect for a rainy day activity. And, last but not least, no trip to Barberton would be complete without a visit to Johnson’s Ice Cream Parlour, a local institution known for its delicious ice cream and friendly service.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Barberton, Ohio
1. Visit the Daffodil Meadow at the Barberton Nature Reserve for a colorful display of over 100,000 daffodils.
2. Take a stroll through the beautiful Barberton Heritage Park and check out the historic buildings and sculptures.
3. Head to the Barberton Civic Theater to catch a family-friendly show or movie.
4. Visit the W.I.T.C.H. House, a historic Victorian house turned museum, for a peek into the past.
5. Explore the Akron Fossils and Science Center to learn about dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures.
6. Visit the Cuyahoga Valley National Park for a day of hiking, biking, and picnicking.
7. Play a round of mini golf or go-karts at Hangtime Sports Complex.
8. cool off at one of Barberton’s three splash pads, including the One in a Minion Pad at Shaw Park.
9. Beat the heat with a scoop of homemade ice cream from Handel’s Homemade Ice Cream & Yogurt.
10. Plan a visit to the Barberton Farmers’ Market for fresh, local produce and goods.