There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Bar, Montenegro! The Old Town of Bar is a great place to explore with kids, and the nearby beaches are perfect for a family day out. For something a little different, the Morača Canyon is a great option. Kids will love exploring the canyon, and there are plenty of hike and picnic spots along the way. For a more active day, rafting down the Tara River is a great option. There are plenty of kid-friendly rapids, and the views from the river are incredible.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bar, Montenegro
1. Visit the Old Town: The Old Town of Bar is a charming place to explore with kids. There are plenty of narrow streets to wander, plus a number of interesting old buildings to see. Be sure to stop by the Old Town Gates, the Clock Tower, and the Cathedral of Saint Nicholas.
2. Take a scenic walk: Bar is located on the Adriatic Sea, so there are plenty of beautiful coastline walks to take. Start at the Old Town and follow the promenade all the way to the new marina. Along the way, you’ll have great views of the water and the mountains.
3. Visit the Museum of Marine Biology: This museum is located in the old town and is a great option for a rainy day. It has a number of interactive exhibits on the local marine life, plus a touch tank where kids can get up close and personal with some of the creatures.
4. Go to the beach: Bar has a number of beaches to choose from, so you’re sure to find one that’s perfect for your family. Our favorites are Queen’s Beach and Tratica Beach, both of which have shallow water and plenty of space for playing.
5. Spend a day at Lake Skadar: Just a short drive from Bar is Lake Skadar, the largest lake in Montenegro. It’s a great place to spend a day wandering the hiking trails, swimming in the crystal-clear water, and picnicking in the shade.
6. Visit the Dinaric Alps: The Dinaric Alps are one of the most beautiful places in Montenegro. There are a number of viewpoints that offer stunning panoramic views, plus plenty of hiking and biking trails to explore.
7. Go rafting on the Tara River: The Tara River is one of the most popular rafting destinations in Montenegro. It’s perfect for families with older kids, as there are a number of milder routes to choose from.
8. Go skiing or snowboarding: Montenegro may not be the first place that comes to mind when you think of skiing, but the country actually has a number of great ski resorts. Kolasin and Zabljak are the two most popular, and both offer a variety of trails for all abilities.
9. Visit the Ostrog Monastery: The Ostrog Monastery is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Montenegro. It’s located high in the mountains, and the monastery itself is carved into the rock. Be sure to take the cable car up for the best views.
10. Take a boat trip: Montenegro is a beautiful country, and there’s no better way to see it than from the water. There are a number of boat tour companies operating in Bar, so you can easily find one that suits your family.