Banja Luka is the capital of Republika Srpska, and it is located in the north of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The city has a population of around 200,000 people. Banja Luka is a very kid friendly city, and there are many things to do with children. The city has a large number of parks and playgrounds, as well as a zoo and an aquarium. There are also many museums and galleries in Banja Luka, which are perfect for a rainy day. The city is also home to a number of sporting clubs, and there are many outdoor activities to enjoy in the city.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Banja Luka, Bosnia And Herzegovina
1. Visit the Gazi Husrev-beg Mosque: The Gazi Husrev-beg Mosque is a historic mosque located in the heart of Banja Luka. The mosque was built in the 16th century and is one of the most important architectural landmarks in the city.
2. Explore the old town: The old town of Banja Luka is a charming and atmospheric place to explore. The narrow streets and alleyways are lined with traditional houses and there are plenty of small shops and cafes to enjoy.
3. Take a cable car ride: For spectacular views of the city, take a ride on the Banja Luka cable car. The ride takes you up to the peak of nearby Mount Ozren, where you can enjoy panoramic views of the city and surrounding countryside.
4. Visit the Banja Luka Zoo: The Banja Luka Zoo is a great place to take the kids for a day out. The zoo is home to a wide range of animals, including lions, tigers, and bears, and there are also a number of playgrounds and picnic areas.
5. Go for a swim: Banja Luka has a number of great swimming spots, including the Vrbas River and the nearby lakes of Kozara and Modra Rijeka. The city also has a number of indoor and outdoor pools, making it a great place to go for a swim all year round.
6. Try your hand at rafting: The Vrbas River is a great place for rafting, and there are a number of companies offering guided trips. This is a great way to get outdoors and explore the stunning scenery of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
7.Visit the National Museum: The National Museum of Bosnia and Herzegovina is located in Banja Luka and is a great place to learn about the history and culture of the country. The museum houses a wide range of exhibits, including art, archaeological finds, and ethnographic displays.
8. See the sights by bike: Banja Luka is a great city to explore by bike, and there are a number of cycle paths and routes to follow. This is a great way to see the city at your own pace and stop to explore the sights and attractions that interest you the most.
9. Play some mini golf: For a fun activity that the whole family can enjoy, head to one of Banja Luka’s mini golf courses. There are a number of courses to choose from, and they’re a great way to spend an afternoon or evening.
10. Take a boat ride: A boat ride on the river is a great way to see Banja Luka from a different perspective. There are a number of boat companies offering trips, and you can choose from a number of different routes depending on your interests.