With its lush green rice fields, small farmers toiling in the heat and friendly faces everywhere, Ban Phai in Thailand’s northeastern province of Khon Kaen is a great place to bring the kids. Here are some of the best things to do with kids in Ban Phai.
Start your visit at the Ban Phai Rice Museum, where kids can learn all about the local rice-farming way of life, past and present. From there, head to the Ban Phai Market, a great place to pick up fresh fruits and vegetables, and try some of the local snacks.
For a taste of Thai history, take the kids to Wat Nong Bua, a beautiful temple complex with a huge reclining Buddha statue. For some hands-on fun, head to Baan Hom Mali, where kids can help plant, harvest and pound rice.
If your kids are up for a bit of a hike, tackle the three-kilometre Ban Phai Nature Trail, which takes in some of the area’s stunning scenery, including waterfalls and caves.Finish up with a refreshing swim at Bueng Nong Bueang, a large lake where locals come to cool off.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ban Phai, Thailand
1) Visit the Wat Pa Lelai Worawihan temple – This temple is a great place to learn about Thai culture and religious beliefs. It is also a beautiful place to take photos.
2) Enjoy the view from the top of the temple – From the top of the temple, you can see the whole city and the river that runs through it. It is a great place to enjoy the sunset or watch the city lights at night.
3) Go for a swim in the pool – The temple has a pool that you can swim in. It is a great way to cool off on a hot day.
4) Play in the playground – There is a playground next to the temple where you can play on the swings and slides.
5) Visit the food court – There is a food court next to the playground where you can buy snacks and drinks.
6) Buy souvenirs at the temple store – The temple has a store where you can buy souvenirs such as T-shirts, keychains, and books.
7) Take a boat ride on the river – You can take a boat ride on the river that runs through the city. It is a great way to see the city from a different perspective.
8) Visit the Ban Phai Zoo – The Ban Phai Zoo is a great place to see a variety of animals from all over the world.
9) Feed the animals at the zoo – You can buy food to feed the animals at the zoo. They will love it!
10) Go on a safari – There is a safari park near the zoo where you can see lions, tigers, and other wild animals.