Ban Na San is a small town in Thailand that is filled with kid-friendly activities. There are many temples and shrines to explore, as well as a beautiful river that runs through the town. The town is also home to a large number of places to eat, shop, and play. Kids will love exploring all that Ban Na San has to offer.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ban Na San, Thailand
1. Visit the Wat Ban Na San temple complex – The Wat Ban Na San temple complex is a great place to visit with kids. There are numerous temples and pagodas to explore, as well as a large Buddha statue. There are also plenty of photo opportunities throughout the complex.
2. Take a boat ride on the Mae Kok River – A boat ride on the Mae Kok River is a great way to see some of the area’s natural beauty. The river is flanked by jungle-covered mountains, and there are often sightings of wildlife along the way.
3. Go elephant riding – Elephant riding is a popular activity in Ban Na San, and there are a few different places where you can go to ride elephants. This is a great opportunity to get up close and personal with these amazing animals.
4. Visit the Hill Tribe Museum – The Hill Tribe Museum is a great place to learn about the different ethnic groups that live in the Ban Na San area. The museum has a number of displays and artifacts, as well as a short film about the hill tribes.
5. Hike to the Mae Mae Waterfalls – The Mae Mae Waterfalls are located just outside of Ban Na San, and they are a great place to go for a hike. The trail to the waterfalls is well-marked and not too difficult. Once you reach the falls, you can take a dip in the pool at the bottom or just enjoy the view.
6. Go whitewater rafting – Whitewater rafting is available on the Mae Kok River and is a great way to get some adrenaline Rush. There are a few different companies that offer rafting trips, and they can tailor the trip to your group’s level of experience.
7. Visit the Baan Ta Inn hot springs – The Baan Ta Inn hot springs are located just outside of Ban Na San, and they are a popular spot for locals and visitors alike. The springs are located in a beautiful setting, and the water is said to have therapeutic properties.
8. Go zip-lining – Zip-lining is available at a few different locations in Ban Na San, and it’s a great way to get a birds-eye view of the area. There are a few different companies that offer zip-lining tours, and they can tailor the trip to your group’s level of experience.
9. Take a cooking class – Ban Na San is known for its food, and a cooking class is a great way to learn about the local cuisine. There are a number of different cooking classes available, and you can usually find one that focuses on the cuisine of your specific interest.
10. Shop at the weekend market – The Ban Na San weekend market is a great place to find souvenirs and local handicrafts. There are also a number of food stalls at the market, so it’s a great place to grab a bite to eat.