Bainbridge Island is a great place for kids and families! There are many things to do on the island, and it is a great place to explore. There are plenty of beaches to relax on, and parks to explore. For the more adventurous, there are hiking trails and forests to explore. The island is also home to many shops and restaurants, so there is always something to do. Bainbridge Island is a great place to visit for a day or a weekend, and kids will love it!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bainbridge Island, Washington
1. Visit the Bainbridge Island Museum of Art: The Bainbridge Island Museum of Art is a kid-friendly art museum that offers a variety of art-related activities for kids of all ages. There are art classes, workshops, and family-friendly events held at the museum throughout the year.
2. Take a ferry ride: Bainbridge Island is accessible by ferry from Seattle. Taking a ferry ride is a fun activity for kids and adults alike. Once on the island, there are numerous things to do, including exploring the quaint shops and restaurants in the ferry terminal area.
3. Visit the Kids Discovery Museum: The Kids Discovery Museum is a must-visit for families with young children. The museum features interactive exhibits, educational programs, and special events.
4. Attend a Bainbridge Island farmer’s market: Bainbridge Island is home to several farmer’s markets, which are perfect for families looking for fresh, local produce. The markets also offer a variety of artisan goods and handmade items.
5. Hike to the Bainbridge Island Japanese American Exclusion Memorial: The Bainbridge Island Japanese American Exclusion Memorial is a beautiful and moving tribute to the Japanese Americans who were forced to leave their homes on Bainbridge Island during World War II. The memorial is located on a hiking trail, making it the perfect activity for kids who love the outdoors.
6. Picnic at Waterfront Park: Waterfront Park is a beautiful park located on Bainbridge Island’s waterfront. The park features picnic tables, a playground, and a variety of public art.
7. Go berry picking: Bainbridge Island is home to several farms that offer u-pick berries in the summer months. This is a fun activity for kids of all ages and a great way to get fresh, local berries.
8. Visit the animals at the Bainbridge Island Petting Farm: The Bainbridge Island Petting Farm is a great place to visit for families with young children. The farm features a variety of animals, including goats, pigs, chickens, and rabbits. kids can pet and feed the animals.
9. Go to the beach: Bainbridge Island has several beautiful beaches that are perfect for families. Kids can play in the sand, build sandcastles, and paddle in the shallow water.
10. Explore the Bloedel Reserve: The Bloedel Reserve is a beautiful nature preserve on Bainbridge Island. The reserve features walking trails, a Visitors Center, and a variety of gardens.