If you’re looking for things to do with the kids in Bailey, Texas, you won’t be disappointed. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep them busy. The Bailey Public Library is a great place to start, with plenty of books and activities for kids of all ages. Or, head to the Baileyville Recreation Center for some indoor fun. If the weather is nice, the Bailey Splash Pad is a great place to cool off, and the Bailey Nature Park is perfect for a picnic lunch. For something a bit different, check out the pedicab service which offers tours of the town.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bailey, Texas
1. Visit the Mayborn Museum Complex – The Mayborn Museum Complex is a museum of natural and cultural history located on the campus of Baylor University in Waco, Texas. The complex includes the Mayborn Museum, the Mayborn Natural Sciences Theater, and the Strecker Wildlife Museum. Visitors can explore the Mayborn Museum’s exhibitions on topics such as archaeology, geology, paleontology, and Texas history. The Mayborn Natural Sciences Theater offers shows about astronomy, ecology, and physics. The Strecker Wildlife Museum features displays of mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians.
2. Climb Cameron Park’s 100-foot suspension bridge – Cameron Park is a 300-acre city park located in Waco, Texas. The park features a 100-foot suspension bridge, hiking and biking trails, a playground, a dog park, and a splash pad. Visitors can also rent paddleboats and kayaks to explore the Brazos River.
3. Take a tour of the Waco Mammoth National Monument – The Waco Mammoth National Monument is a paleontological site located in Waco, Texas. The site includes the remains of 24 Columbian mammoths, as well as the remains of other animals from the Pleistocene epoch. Visitors can take a tour of the site and see the excavation site, the laboratory where scientists study the fossils, and a life-size mammoth sculpture.
4. Visit the Dr. Pepper Museum – The Dr. Pepper Museum is a museum dedicated to the history of the Dr. Pepper soft drink. The museum is located in the former offices and bottling plant of the Cadbury-Schweppes Company in Waco, Texas. Visitors can learn about the history of Dr. Pepper, see vintage commercials and bottles, and take a tour of the bottling plant.
5. See the animals at the Cameron Park Zoo – The Cameron Park Zoo is a 55-acre zoo located in Waco, Texas. The zoo is home to more than 1,700 animals, including lions, tigers, giraffes, and rhinos. Visitors can take a guided tour of the zoo, participate in educational programs, and see the animals up close at the zoo’s petting zoo.
6. Splash around at Hawaiian Falls – Hawaiian Falls is a water park located in Waco, Texas. The park features a lazy river, water slides, a wave pool, and a children’s play area. Visitors can also rent cabanas, buy food and drinks, and participate in special events.
7. Visit the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum – The Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum is a museum dedicated to the history of the Texas Rangers, a state law enforcement agency. The museum is located in Waco, Texas and features exhibits on the history of the Rangers, the agency’s most famous cases, and the men and women who have served as Rangers. Visitors can also see a replica of the Ranger camp at the Battle of the Alamo and watch a movie about the Rangers.
8. See the stars at the Mayborn Planetarium – The Mayborn Planetarium is located on the campus of Baylor University in Waco, Texas. The planetarium offers shows about astronomy, the night sky, and the history of space exploration. Visitors can also see exhibits on telescopes and space science.
9. Go back in time at the Waco Mammoth Site – The Waco Mammoth Site is a paleontological site located in Waco, Texas. The site includes the remains of 24 Columbian mammoths, as well as the remains of other animals from the Pleistocene epoch. Visitors can take a tour of the excavation site, the laboratory where scientists study the fossils, and a life-size mammoth sculpture.
10. Visit the Baylor University Bear Habitat – The Baylor University Bear Habitat is a facility located on the campus of Baylor University in Waco, Texas. The habitat is home to two American black bears, one male and one female. Visitors can learn about the bears’ natural history and behavior, and see the bears up close.