Bagdad, Arizona is located in the northwestern part of the state and is home to just over 1,000 people. The town was founded in 1881 and was originally a mining town. The last mine closed in the 1970s, but the town has since reinvented itself as an arts community. Bagdad is home to several art galleries, a performing arts center, and a number of public art installations. The town also hosts a number of festivals and events throughout the year, including the Bagdad Chili Cook-Off, the Bagdad Bluegrass Festival, and the Bagdad Farmers Market.
There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Bagdad, Arizona. The town has a number of parks, including a skate park, a splash pad, and a playground. The Bagdad Museum is also a great place to learn about the town’s history. Kids can also enjoy a round of mini golf at the Bagdad Golf Course or go for a swim at the Bagdad Swimming Pool.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bagdad, Arizona
1. Visit the Pioneer Museum: The Pioneer Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Bagdad and the area.
2. Go on a hike: There are many hiking trails in and around Bagdad, so there is sure to be one that is perfect for your family.
3. Go fishing: Fishing is a great activity to do with the whole family. You can fish in one of the many lakes or streams in the area.
4. Visit a mine: There are several mines in the area that you can tour. This is a great way to learn about the mining history of the area.
5. Go camping: Camping is a great way to spend time with family and friends. There are several campgrounds in the area to choose from.
6. Visit the petroglyphs: The petroglyphs are a must see when you are in Bagdad. They are a fascinating look into the past.
7. Go on a hayride: Hayrides are available at the local ranch. This is a great activity for the whole family.
8. Go horseback riding: Horseback riding is a great way to explore the area. There are several stables in the area that offer horseback riding.
9. Go on a safari: The local safari offers a great way to see the local wildlife. This is a great activity for the whole family.
10. Go stargazing: The night sky in Bagdad is incredible. You can lay out under the stars and enjoy the view.