10 fun & kid-friendly things to do in Avon Park Florida
1. Go fishing at Lake Arbuckle – Lake Arbuckle is a great place to go fishing with the kids. There are many different types of fish that can be caught in the lake including bass, bluegill, and catfish. There is also a pier where you can fish from.
2. Visit the Museum of Florida Art and Culture – The Museum of Florida Art and Culture is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history and culture of Florida. The museum has many different exhibits that the kids will enjoy.
3. Go to the Avon Park Zoo – The Avon Park Zoo is a great place to take the kids to see all sorts of different animals. The zoo has a variety of different animals that the kids can see up close.
4. Play at the Avon Park Playground – The Avon Park Playground is a great place for the kids to run around and play. There is a variety of different play equipment for the kids to enjoy.
5. Go swimming at the Avon Park Aquatic Center – The Avon Park Aquatic Center is a great place to take the kids swimming. There is a pool for the kids to swim in as well as a slides and a splash pad.
6. Visit the Depot Museum – The Depot Museum is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of Avon Park. The museum has many different exhibits that the kids will enjoy.
7. Go to the Avon Park Public Library – The Avon Park Public Library is a great place to take the kids to read or check out books. The library has a variety of different books for the kids to read.
8. Go to Lake Olivia – Lake Olivia is a great place to take the kids to enjoy the outdoors. There is a playground for the kids to play on as well as a fishing pier.
9.Visit the Humphrey’s Estate – The Humphrey’s Estate is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of Avon Park. The estate has many different exhibits that the kids will enjoy.
10. Go to the Avon Park Recreation Center – The Avon Park Recreation Center is a great place for the kids to play. There is a gymnasium for the kids to play in as well as a pool and a game room.
Avon Park Was Founded In 1886 By A Group Of Businessmen From New England Who Were Looking To Establish A Utopian Community In The Sunshine State. The Town Was Named After Stratford-Upon-Avon In England, And The Settlers Strived To Create A Self-Sufficient, Agrarian Society Where Everyone Would Work Together For The Common Good.
The settlers cleared the land and built homes, a school, a church, and a general store. They also dug aartesian wells to irrigate their crops and built a small dam to power a sawmill. The community prospered for a few years, but then the Florida real estate boom of the early twentieth century led to an influx of new residents and a need for more development.
2. What Is The Climate Like In Avon Park, Florida?
Avon Park has a subtropical climate with hot, humid summers and mild, dry winters. The average high temperature in July is 91 degrees Fahrenheit, and the average low temperature in January is 50 degrees Fahrenheit. The town receives an average of 53 inches of rain per year.
3. What Are The Top Attractions In Avon Park, Florida?
Some of the top attractions in Avon Park include Highlands Hammock State Park, Lake Bonnet Village Heritage Park, and theAvon Park Railroad Museum. The town is also home to a number of historic buildings and sites, such as the Hotel Jacaranda, the Trousdale Library, and the Webb House.
4. What Are Some Of The Best Things To Do In Avon Park, Florida?
There are a number of great things to do in Avon Park, Florida. Visitors can enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, bicycling, and kayaking in Highlands Hammock State Park. There are also several golf courses in the area, as well as a variety of shops and restaurants.
5. What Is The Population Of Avon Park, Florida?
As of the 2010 census, the population of Avon Park was 9,461. The town has a population density of 1,069 people per square mile.
6. What Is The Average Cost Of Living In Avon Park, Florida?
The average cost of living in Avon Park is lower than the national average. The median home price in the town is $85,000, and the median household income is $30,849.
7. What Is The Job Market Like In Avon Park, Florida?
The job market in Avon Park is strong. The town has a low unemployment rate of 4.1%, and the median household income is higher than the national average.
8. What Are The Schools Like In Avon Park, Florida?
There are a number of great schools in Avon Park. The town is home to South Florida State College, a public institution that offers a variety of programs and degrees. There are also several elementary, middle, and high schools in the town.
9. What Is The Crime Rate Like In Avon Park, Florida?
Avon Park has a lower than average crime rate. The town has a violent crime rate of 2.3 per 100,000 people, and a property crime rate of 14.8 per 100,000 people.
10. What Are The People Like In Avon Park, Florida?
The people of Avon Park are friendly and welcoming. The town has a diverse population, with people of all backgrounds and cultures.