If you’re looking for fun things to do with kids in Avon, Illinois, you won’t be disappointed! There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. For starters, take them to the Avon Pool for a splash-filled day of fun. Or, head to the Avon Park District for a nature hike or a round of miniature golf. If your kids are into sports, they’ll love cheering on the Avon High School football team at a home game. And, of course, no visit to Avon would be complete without a trip to the Dairy Queen for some delicious ice cream. Whatever you choose to do, your kids are sure to have a blast in Avon!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Avon, Illinois
1. Visit the Ronald Reagan Boyhood Home – The Ronald Reagan Boyhood Home is a National Historic Site located in Avon, Illinois. Visitors can tour the home where Reagan lived from age 6 to 18, and see exhibits on his life and career.
2. Go to the Avon Theater – The Avon Theater is a historic movie theater located in Avon, Illinois. The theater originally opened in 1924, and today it is restored to its original Art Deco style. The theater features first-run movies, as well as live theater and musical performances.
3. Take a walk or ride a bike on the Avon Trail – The Avon Trail is a 3.5-mile trail that runs through Avon, Illinois. The trail is open to pedestrians and cyclists, and offers views of scenic farmland, forests, and wetlands.
4. Visit the Avon Historical Society Museum – The Avon Historical Society Museum is located in Avon, Illinois. The museum features exhibits on the history of Avon and the surrounding area, including a log cabin and a historic schoolhouse.
5. Play at the Avon Park – Avon Park is a city park located in Avon, Illinois. The park features a playground, a basketball court, a picnic shelter, and a walking trail.
6. Go fishing at the Avon Lake – Avon Lake is a man-made lake located in Avon, Illinois. The lake is stocked with fish, and visitors can fish from the shore or from a rowboat.
7. Spend the day at the Rock Creek State Park – Rock Creek State Park is a 2,013-acre state park located in Avon, Illinois. The park features a 9-hole golf course, hiking trails, a campground, and a beach.
8. Visit the William G. Stratton State Park – William G. Stratton State Park is a 1,439-acre state park located in Avon, Illinois. The park features a 50-acre lake, hiking trails, a campground, and a beach.
9. Go birdwatching at the Goose Island State Park – Goose Island State Park is a 1,622-acre state park located in Avon, Illinois. The park features a variety of habitats for birds, including forests, marshes, and prairies.
10. Take a scenic drive on the Galena-Burlington Road – The Galena-Burlington Road is a scenic byway that runs through Avon, Illinois. The road features views of rolling hills, farms, and wildlife.