If you’re looking for kid friendly activities in Avezzano, Italy, you won’t be disappointed. From exploring ancient ruins to splashing around in crystal-clear lakes, there’s something for everyone.
history buffs will love exploring the ruins of the ancient city of Amiternum. For a more active adventure, hike up to Monte Greco for stunning views of the Abruzzo region. Nature lovers will enjoy a visit to Lake Campotosto, where they can swim, fish and canoe.
For a day of fun in the sun, head to Villa Annunziata Park. With a playground, picnic areas and a massive water park, it’s the perfect place to spend a hot summer day. And, of course, no visit to Avezzano would be complete without sampling the delicious local food. From wood-fired pizza to handmade pasta, you’ll find plenty of kid-friendly options to keep everyone happy.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Avezzano, Italy
1. Visit the Majella National Park – The Majella National Park is a beautiful outdoor area that is great for kids to explore. There are hiking trails, streams, and river valleys to explore, as well as a variety of wildlife to see.
2. Take a ride on the Apennine Railway – The Apennine Railway runs through the Majella National Park and is a great way to see the amazing scenery. The trains are old-fashioned and very kid-friendly.
3. Visit the Museo della Civilta Contadina – The Museo della Civilta Contadina is a museum dedicated to the history and culture of the local farmers. It is a great place to learn about the local way of life and see some interesting artifacts.
4. Play at the Parco della Piana – The Parco della Piana is a large park with a playground, basketball courts, and a variety of other activities for kids to enjoy.
5. Visit the Antichi Orti Botanici – The Antichi Orti Botanici is a traditional Italian garden that is full of beautiful flowers and plants. It is a great place to take a peaceful stroll or have a picnic lunch.
6. Stop by the Museo Dello Stato dell’Aquila – The Museo Dello Stato dell’Aquila is a state museum that contains a variety of interesting exhibits. Kids will enjoy seeing the ancient Roman ruins, the medieval section, and the natural history section.
7. Take a walk through the Parco Nazionale della Majella – The Parco Nazionale della Majella is a beautiful nature reserve that is perfect for a family hike. There are plenty of streams and river valleys to explore, as well as a variety of wildlife to see.
8. Visit the Abbazia di San Liberatore – The Abbazia di San Liberatore is a beautiful Abbey that is definitely worth a visit. Kids will love exploring the grounds and learning about the history of this important landmark.
9. Go for a swim at the Lago di Scanno – The Lago di Scanno is a beautiful lake that is perfect for a refreshing swim. There are also plenty of hiking trails and picnic areas around the lake, so it is a great place to spend a day.
10. Have some fun at the Parco Avventura delle Rocche – The Parco Avventura delle Rocche is an adventure park with a variety of activities for kids to enjoy. There are zip lines, ropes courses, and climbing walls, as well as a playground and a picnic area.