There are many kid friendly things to do in Autun, France. One of the most popular tourist attractions is the Autun Cathedral, which was built in the 12th century. The cathedral is beautiful and has many interesting features, such as stained glass windows and carved stone. Other popular kid friendly activities in Autun include visiting the Roman ruins, taking a scenic bike ride, and hiking in the nearby mountains. In addition, there are several museums in Autun that are perfect for kids, such as the Museum of Natural History and the Museum of Fine Arts. With so many great things to see and do, Autun is the perfect place to take your family on vacation.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Autun, France
1. Explore the medieval city walls: Autun’s medieval city walls are a great way to explore the history of the city. The walls are covered in ivy and the views from the top are incredible.
2. Climb the Cathedral of Saint-Nazaire: The Cathedral of Saint-Nazaire is a must-see when visiting Autun. The climb to the top is well worth it for the incredible views of the city.
3. Visit the Roman ruins: The Roman ruins in Autun are some of the best-preserved in all of France. They are a great way to learn about the history of the city.
4. See the Musée Rolin: The Musée Rolin is a must-see for art lovers. It houses an amazing collection of artwork from the Middle Ages.
5. Walk through the Jardin de l’Étang: The Jardin de l’Étang is a beautiful park in the center of the city. It’s a great place to take a break from sightseeing and relax.
6.Explore the narrow streets of the Old Town: The Old Town is full of narrow, winding streets that are perfect for exploring. There are plenty of hidden treasures to be found.
7. Visit the Maison du Temps Libre: The Maison du Temps Libre is a community center that offers a variety of activities for all ages. It’s a great place to spend an afternoon.
8. Attend a show at the Théâtre Antique: The Théâtre Antique is a well-preserved Roman theatre. It’s still in use today and hosts a variety of cultural events.
9. Take a ride on the Autun Train: The Autun Train is a great way to see the city. It’s a fun, unique experience that the whole family will enjoy.
10. Visit the Musée de l’Arles Antique: The Musée de l’Arles Antique is a must-see for history buffs. It houses an incredible collection of artifacts from the Roman city of Arles.