If you’re looking for fun things to do with kids in Austin, Pennsylvania, you’re in luck! This small town has a lot to offer families. For starters, the Austin Dam Memorial Park is a great place to take a stroll and have a picnic. The Austin Dam played a big role in the town’s history, and the park offers a nice view of the surrounding area.
If your kids are into animals, they’ll love the Austin Zoo. This small zoo is home to a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, and bears. The zoo also has a petting zoo, so your kids can get up close and personal with some of their favorite animals.
If your family is into sports, you can cheer on the Austin Steelers, the town’s minor league baseball team. The Steelers play their home games at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, and you can buy tickets in advance or at the gate.
For a fun and educational activity, you can visit the Austin History Center. This museum has exhibits on the town’s history, from its founding to the present day. Kids will learn about the people who shaped Austin and the events that have shaped its history.
No matter what your family enjoys, you’ll find something to do in Austin, Pennsylvania!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Austin, Pennsylvania
1. Heritage Square: Heritage Square is a park located in the center of downtown Austin. The park features a playground, pavilion, gazebo, walking trail, and a splash pad.
2. Austin Zoo: The Austin Zoo is a small zoo located just outside of downtown Austin. The zoo is home to a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, bears, and reptiles.
3. Austin History Center: The Austin History Center is a museum located in downtown Austin. The museum features exhibits on the history of the city of Austin and the surrounding area.
4. Austin Public Library: The Austin Public Library is located in downtown Austin. The library offers a variety of books, magazines, and other materials for residents and visitors to enjoy.
5. Texas State Capitol: The Texas State Capitol is located in downtown Austin. The Capitol building is home to the Texas Legislature and the office of the Governor of Texas.
6. Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum: The Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum is located in downtown Austin. The museum features exhibits on the history of Texas.
7. Austin Aquarium: The Austin Aquarium is located in downtown Austin. The aquarium is home to a variety of fish, amphibians, and reptiles.
8. Blanton Museum of Art: The Blanton Museum of Art is located on the campus of The University of Texas at Austin. The museum features a collection of art from around the world.
9. LBJ Presidential Library: The LBJ Presidential Library is located on the campus of The University of Texas at Austin. The library houses a collection of materials related to the life and career of President Lyndon B. Johnson.
10. Schlotzsky’s Deli: Schlotzsky’s Deli is a restaurant chain with several locations in Austin. The restaurant is best known for its sandwiches, but also offers salads, soups, and desserts.