There’s plenty for kids to do in Aurora, Oregon! For starters, the town is home to the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI), which has tons of hands-on exhibits and activities for kids of all ages. There’s also the Oregon Zoo, which is a great place to learn about and see all sorts of animals.
If your kids are into sports, they’ll have plenty to keep them busy as well. There’s the Oregon Ducks football team, of course, as well as the Portland Trail Blazers basketball team. Both teams have their own arenas in Aurora, so you can catch a game or two while you’re in town.
There are also plenty of parks and outdoor activities to enjoy in Aurora. Kids will love exploring the forests and hiking trails, and in the summer months you can cool off at one of the many swimming pools or splash pads in town. Whatever your kids are into, they’re sure to find something to keep them entertained in Aurora, Oregon!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Aurora, Oregon
1. Visit the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department’s Wallace Marine Park – The park offers a playground, a picnic area, a boat ramp, and access to the Willamette River.
2. Take a hike at the Jasper Park Natural Area – The park has a variety of hiking trails that wind through the forests and meadows.
3. Go fishing at the Silver Creek Reservoir – The reservoir is stocked with rainbow trout and is a popular spot for fishing.
4. Play mini golf at the Aurora Fun Park – The park has a miniature golf course, a batting cage, and a arcade.
5. Visit the Oregon State University Extension Service’s Aurora Farm – The farm offers a variety of educational opportunities and tours.
6. Attend a play at the Pentacle Theatre – The theatre is a historic venue that hosts a variety of plays and musicals.
7. Go stargazing at the Cascades Observatory – The observatory is open to the public on clear nights and offers views of the stars and planets.
8. Visit the Museum of Natural and Cultural History – The museum has a variety of exhibits on the history and culture of Oregon.
9. Go swimming at the Oregon City Pool – The pool is open to the public and offers a variety of swimming classes.
10. Take a ride on the Aurora Railroad – The railroad offers a variety of scenic rides through the Willamette Valley.