If you’re looking for kid-friendly activities to do in Atqasuk, Alaska, you won’t be disappointed. There are plenty of fun things to do that will keep your little ones entertained. From exploring the local museums to going for a hike in one of the many state parks, there’s something for everyone. And if you’re looking for a way to make your vacation even more memorable, consider booking a dog sledding tour or taking a helicopter ride over the stunning Arctic landscape.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Atqasuk, Alaska
1. Visit the Atqasuk Village Community Center to learn about the history and culture of the Inupiat people.
2. Visit the Atqasuk Museum to learn about the village’s history and the way of life of the Inupiat people.
3. Watch the Narwhal Whistler at the whale bone qasgiq, a traditional whale bone shelter.
4. Go dog sledding with a local musher.
5. Go ice fishing with a local guide.
6. Attend the Atqasuk Winter Festival to see traditional Inupiat dances and games.
7. Go snowmobiling on the vast network of trails around Atqasuk.
8. Visit the scenic Utqiaġvik (Barrow), Alaska’s northernmost community.
9. Go on a hike to see the stunning landscapes and wildlife of the region.
10. Take a scenic flightseeing tour to see the Arctic from above.