The sea, the sun, and the sand – Atlantic Beach has it all! And, it is a great place for families with young children. Here are some kid-friendly activities to enjoy in Atlantic Beach:
1. Visit the Aquarium – The North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher is a great place to learn about and see maritime life. Your kids will be fascinated by the sharks, rays, fish, and other creatures that live in the sea.
2. Go to the Beach – Of course, you can’t visit Atlantic Beach without spending some time at the beach! Build sandcastles, splash in the waves, and look for shells. Don’t forget to put on sunscreen!
3. Play Miniature Golf – Mini golf is a fun activity for the whole family. There are several courses in the area, including one at the Aquarium.
4. Ride the Ferris Wheel – Another popular activity at the Aquarium is riding the Ferris wheel. The views of the ocean and the surrounding area are beautiful from up high.
5. Take a Dolphin Cruise – Kids love dolphins, and what better way to see them than on a dolphin cruise? You might even see other marine life, such as turtles and stingrays.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
1. Visit the Boardwalk
Atlantic Beach’s Boardwalk is a great place to take a stroll, people watch, and enjoy the fresh ocean air. The boardwalk stretches for two miles along the coast, and there are plenty of benches and picnic tables along the way if you need a break.
2. Play at the Park
There are several parks in Atlantic Beach, including Fort Macon State Park, which is perfect for a day of hiking, picnicking, and exploring. The park also has a historic fort that you can tour, and it’s located right on the beach so you can enjoy the best of both worlds.
3. Go for a swim
Of course, one of the best things to do in Atlantic Beach is to go for a swim in the ocean. The water is usually quite warm in the summer, and there are lifeguards on duty to keep everyone safe.
4. Build a sandcastle
No trip to the beach is complete without building a sandcastle, and Atlantic Beach has plenty of sand to work with. There are also several sandcastle-building contests throughout the year if you’re feeling competitive.
5. Go fishing
Whether you’re a experienced fisherman or you’ve never tried it before, Atlantic Beach is a great place to go fishing. There are several charter companies that can take you out on the water, or you can drop a line from the pier.
6. Collect shells
Atlantic Beach is home to many different types of shells, and it’s a fun activity to see how many different kinds you can find. You can also bring them home to use as decoration or to make crafts with.
7. Ride the waves
Atlantic Beach is a popular spot for surfing, and there are several surf schools where you can learn the basics. even if you don’t want to surf, it’s still fun to watch the experienced surfers catch some waves.
8. Visit the aquarium
The North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher is located just a short drive from Atlantic Beach, and it’s a great place to learn about marine life. There are many interactive exhibits, and you can even feed the fish in the touch tank.
9. Take a nature walk
There are several nature trails in the area, including the Audubon Bird Sanctuary Trail, which is a great place to see native birds and wildlife.
10. Go on a dolphin cruise
One of the most popular things to do in Atlantic Beach is to go on a dolphin cruise. You can usually see dolphins swimming near the shore, but it’s even more fun to see them up close on a boat. There are many different companies that offer dolphin cruises, and you’re sure to have a fun time.