Atlacomulco is a beautiful city located in the state of Mexico. It’s a great place to visit if you’re looking for kid-friendly things to do. The city has a variety of parks and playgrounds, as well as a number of museums and historical sites that are perfect for educational outings. You can also take your kids to see the animals at the local zoo, or go for a walk along one of the many hiking trails in the area. And of course, no trip to Atlacomulco would be complete without spending some time at one of the city’s many beautiful beaches.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Atlacomulco, Mexico
1. Visit the Museo de la En Memoria al Niños Heroes. This museum is dedicated to the memory of the “Niños Heroes,” a group of six teenage cadets who fought bravely against invading U.S. forces in the 19th century. The museum contains various artifacts from the time period, as well as educational materials about the event.
2. Take a walk or a bike ride through the city’s many parks. There are a number of parks throughout Atlacomulco, each with its own unique features. Take a leisurely stroll through Parque Morelos, visit the on-site zoo at Parque Zoologico, or take a challenging hike through the hilly terrain of Parque Laorders.
3. Sample the local cuisine. Atlacomulco is known for its excellent food, especially its traditional Mexican dishes. Be sure to try some of the local specialties like enchiladas potosinas, tamales de elote, and chiles en nogada.
4. Shop for traditional Mexican arts and crafts. There are a number of shops throughout the city that sell traditional Mexican arts and crafts. Pick up a colorful serape or some hand-painted ceramics to take home as a souvenir.
5. Visit the Templo de Santo Domingo. This beautiful church, built in the early 18th century, is one of the most notable landmarks in Atlacomulco. The interior of the church is decorated with a number of colonial-era murals.
6. Take a scenic drive through the countryside. The countryside around Atlacomulco is beautiful, and there are a number of scenic routes you can take to experience it. Head up into the mountains on the Sierra Madre Occidental, or take a leisurely drive through the picturesque valleys of the Sierra Madre Oriental.
7. Play a round of golf at one of the city’s many courses. Atlacomulco is home to a number of excellent golf courses, making it a great destination for golfers of all skill levels.
8. Go on a safari at the African Safari Zoo. Located just outside of the city, the African Safari Zoo is home to a number of exotic animals, including lions, tigers, and giraffes. Take a tour of the park on a safari-style camel ride.
9. Visit the Museo de Arte Popular. This museum showcases the traditional folk art of Mexico, with exhibits featuring a variety of mediums, including painting, sculpture, and textiles.
10. Relax at one of the city’s many spa resorts. After a day of exploring, treat yourself to a relaxing massage or facial at one of Atlacomulco’s many spa resorts.